Denon X1100W firmware update failed

suresh_79

Hi,

Yesterday I got notification for latest firmware is available. I tried to install it. But it was going in loop again and again in EIMG from 3 to 1. It was never ending. I switched off. After that I restart update retry then "Connection Fail0E" and some times "Connection Fail03" is coming in display.

Even I tried factory rest and connected ethernet cable to receiver but no luck. Update retry then same issue Connection Fail03.

Anyone faced this issue. What could be the solution for this issue.

Thanks,
Suresh

Have you tried to update by USB port also?
Some says it is preferred to update it by USB after downloading it.

Mine also updated the same way...it will go into the loop for some time..but I waited for an hour....patience is the key...it finally ended successfully.

Thanks
Danish

Hi Suresh,

It is the same issue with my Denon X1100W, the firmware update failed in the last stage.

Now, as soon as it is powered on, it will try to connect to update server showing message "Update Retry >>>" and they finally says "Connection Fail01".

It powers on and off in a loop for three times and then finally stays powered on and I can listen to music and stuff. But on the display panel it always shows the message "Connection Fail01" as long as the AVR is on.

I saw in the manual that, Connection Fail message relates to problem with connecting to the update server at the Denon end.

Meanwhile, I saw a message on Denon customer support website which says that Denon firmware update server is currently under maintenance and try after some time.

My guess is that, Denon firmware update server is down for some issue and they have been working on it from past few days. I am also guessing that the latest firmware delivered is buggy and they might be working on that to rectify it.

Check this url
Support Home Page

I hope once the firmware update server maintenance is done, we might be able to rectify our issue.

Fingers crossed !! :sad:

Bye
Sri

Attachments

• Firmware_update_Alert.jpg
    Firmware_update_Alert.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 223
It is the same issue with my Denon X1100W, the firmware update failed in the last stage.
AYlgpr

I am having an issue here.. :(

Hi, I bought a new Denon X1100-W from Germany through Amazon.de a month back. For last few days, i was getting a notification everytime i switch on that there is a new firmware, do you want to upgrade? I finally decided to upgrade. However, in the middle of the upgrade, power went off and now the AVR is always in standby mode, i.e red light on top of the power on button everytime i swtich it on.

I tried the option of setting it back to factory default like keeping "Dimmer" +"Zone2 source" button pressed and switching it on etc. None of these worked. I finally took it to authorized service center and to my shock, i am told that we need to replace the hardware that is replace the motherboard since AVR is not going out of standby.

I need urgent help from someone who is knowledgeable to say why the firmware cannot be reloaded or replaced with the earlier one by the service centers. Why should there be a motherboard replacement just for the software corruption? Any thoughts and any help on this pls?

Hi.

Got similar (but not exact) problem.
Does any of you, guys, by any chance, still have the old european firmware bundles ? I wanna try to downgrade the firmware. The names of bundles are

USB_AVR-X1100E2_000100670200-0003.zip
or
USB_AVR-X1100E2_000100670200-0002.zip

if anyone still does, please reply.

I have also tried to update it over WiFi and got same error. Also the link given to download the firmware is not recognise my sr. No. Can some body help. Sr. No. Of my unit is 4086602342E

I have also tried to update it over WiFi and got same error. Also the link given to download the firmware is not recognise my sr. No. Can some body help. Sr. No. Of my unit is 4086602342E

Same issue occured avr x1200

updateretry >>>> then connectionfail03

solution:

1. unplug powercable for 5min
2. Plug into the powercable, press source zone 2 and dimmer simultaneously in AVR front panel and hold on power button
3.In front display you can see some flashing that is your system going to be hard resetting except firmware.
4. setup wizard appear and system back to normal.

Thanks guys:)

I am facing the same problem wherein my amp has stop responding...did u manage to have the issue resolved post the failure of software

Hello,

I got notification on my Denon X1000 to do a software update.
I am trying to do it, but the screen indicates "connexion fail01".

Following your insstructions, I dowloaded the update on a USB on the website Denon Firmware/Changelog Download, I plugged it on my DENON, but i doesn't change anything.. Is there any particular thing to do ?

A bit disheartened, I would welcome any advise which could solve my issue...

Baptiste Morizort

What's the update about? Has it got something that really excites you or something that can add a new feature to the receiver? If it's nothing major and your receiver is working great in its current state, I wouldn't bother with an update. There are too many upgrade horror stories, some on this forum itself.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Just connect your avr through broadband &lan(what i mean here is a wired internet connection for your avr).Updates like a dream.Through wifi the very first time i updated faced issues,but not now through the method i said.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back