Denon X1200W for 49K or X3200W for 70K?

kamalgaur

I might have the option of getting my hands on the Denon X3200W for 70K - fresh piece, imported, grey market, no warranty, no bill.

Or I can go with the default option of Denon X1200W with authorized dealer with 1 year India warranty and bill.

Which one would you choose, and why not the other?

Hi

Very few of us have ventured in the grey market and if the dealer is known in terms of selling good genuine stuff for good prices...no harm in going for the same provided everything is working fine and you have the option to get it back to him if it does not work at home....

One year warranty in India is sad and makes no senses as such mid to high segment electronics are built well enough to survive for atleast 3 years if used in the proper way....

There can be some sellers giving the 1200 cheaper with warranty as Amazon is now selling for 41k-43k....bargain....

All the best!

Thank you for the suggestion. I think it's best to play it safe, also coz the dealer contact I have is based out of Chennai, and I'm based out of Bangalore.

Appreciate your inputs.

I might have the option of getting my hands on the Denon X3200W for 70K - fresh piece, imported, grey market, no warranty, no bill.

Or I can go with the default option of Denon X1200W with authorized dealer with 1 year India warranty and bill.

If it was Grey market for 70K, i wouldn't go for X3200 AVR.. Would rather hard negotiate for Marantz SR 6010 / Pioneer LX 59..

Marantz 6010 is 7.2 AVR with 9.2 pre-outs.. Expansion capability..

Pioneer LX 59 - 9.2 AVR with 11.2 Pre-outs..

Both come with very capable digital room calibration feature..

Well go for warranty based yo have some free peace if mind. You can get it for around 41 k from reputed sellers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

With warranty, any day.
49k is a steep ask for x1200. Look out more, and you should get deals where it will come below 43k.

Steep..!! Here in jaipur.. profx ppl they're asking 53-54k for the x1200
How much can you negotiate now...

Sent from my Samsung Galxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Their maximum discount will be 10% for electronics and 15% for speakers . So 48 to 49 k is the best price you can expect from them.

try amazon.de. (amazon's German site). They quote final price including import duty and shipping. Some great prices there and also assurance of getting genuine product.
Of course the so called "authorized dealer's manufacturer warranty" of puny 1 year would not be applicable, but you will end up saving quite a bit.

Though not all products can be shipped to India, you will have to check each one individually.

Last edited:

there is already a discussion going on on this topic on one of the threads. The point in question is - is this seller genuine/authorized? and what kind of warranty is he offering - though the answers in the queries section mentioned Indian warranty.! See this:

" Question: does it have all India warranty by Denon India or when bought from bsmani or its seller warranty
Answer: Hi,
Thanks for showing interest in our product. Denon AVR-X1200W AV Receiver sold by us only has official manufacturer warranty. All other sellers are not official sellers and the same has been mentioned by the company.
Grand bala or bsmani is selling grey market products & is not an official seller for most of the products.
Thanks & Regards,
Jignesh Nishar.
S-GRID The Tech Hub. see less
By S-GRID The Tech Hub on 7 July, 2016
Hi. There are very few dealers who provide Manufacturers Warranty. We are among the Authorized Dealers for the same.
Kindly message us through Amazon your requirements so that we can serve you better. Thanks.
By InspiredInnovations on 7 July, 2016
This is seller warranty. :indifferent14:
By bsmani on 9 July, 2016"

Your cost is on higher side... for denox 1200.

Yesterday i have got the following quotes, subject to little more nego at time of purchase.... you can talk to them. Copied email content below.....

Dear mr. sushant

find the best price below ..............

DENON AVR X 1200W - 45800/-
YAMAHA RXV 581 - 46750/-

Thanks

S K Choudhary

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back