Denon X2100 AVR for Polk RTI A7 Floor standers

shamiraj

Folks,

Does anyone have any feedback for this combination? Is the AVR appropriately powered?. I've been looking for a 2.0 setup (mostly for movies/games and then music), and saw this in profx, bangalore . The dealers has recommended this combination, so wanted to get your opinion.

Denons are perfect match for polks and the x2100W is sufficient to drive the rti a7's. Take an audition and go ahead. Polks excel in movies, no match for polk in terms of movies and are not so very recommended on this forum for music. It all burns down to personal taste. If you like the sound you just like it. However auditioning multiple setups would be ideal as you would only then come to know your personal sound taste. If you like any speaker go ahead without much hesitation as you are the judge, we can suggest, you have to choose.

Folks,

Does anyone have any feedback for this combination? Is the AVR appropriately powered?. I've been looking for a 2.0 setup (mostly for movies/games and then music), and saw this in profx, bangalore . The dealers has recommended this combination, so wanted to get your opinion.

According to company specs the Denon 2100 gives 95 Watts on 2 channel at 8 ohms impedance 20Hz to 20Khz. which means it probably gives about 75% of that on 5 channel ops and 50% of that on 7 channel ops at the same nominal impedance.

The RTiA7 has a reasonably good sensitivity around 89dB so the Denon should drive it , but depending on your room size, you may have to crank up the volume a bit to get around 80dB on your movie watching, (not counting the powered sub). I would suggest the following if you have the budget

1) Either keep the Denon X2100 W and change the Polks RTi series to the TSX series which has a slightly better sensitivity
2) Or go for a bit higher muscle on the AVR like the Denon X3000 (alternate ONKYO TX-NR828 or NR 838) and keep the Polk RTiA7

But a demo of both would be good.

best of luck

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back