Denon x2700h or Marantz SR5015?

Go for Marantz SR 5015

Technically almost both are in to same league but Marantz model had slight advantage compare to Denon.

1. Pre-outs available (no pre-outs for Denon 2700)
2. 100 watts per channel vs 95 watts.
3. Better build quality with premium internal components (like toroidal transformer...)
4. Classic looks (of course its subjective)
5. Smooth musical sound signature for both movies and music.

If your choices are only these two and not the Yamaha then close your eyes and get the Marantz SR 5015.

1. As already pointed out by the FMs, It has pre-outs so that you can add Power Amplifiers in future if your Speakers need more space, sound profile, open up and getting every detail out of the audio. Specially in stereo.

2. When it comes to stereo, the sound signature of Marantz is a bit better than Denon (IMO), its not brighter rather bit warmth.

3. Marantz also uses better internal components than Denon and hence the increase in price.
@SMJ @Gamerps360 I am curious the way consolidation has happened in Audio industry. both Denon and Marantz owned by Sound United. I am sure lot of internal chassis will be similar. I went to Sound United website and brand owned by them are- Denon, Marantz, Polk, B&W, Definative Tech et al. So Sound United is owner of best in class audio product.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210316-073822_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210316-073822_Chrome.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 18
Having used marantz and denon I find the denon way better than marantz for both music and movies. There is lot of hype around marantz being better for music which I could never understand. I always found marantz sound to be anaemic. Best is to audition and choose what you like.

There is lot of hype around marantz being better for music which I could never understand. I always found marantz sound to be anaemic.
Denon AVRs have more attack and so recommended more for movies. Marantz has better midrange and preferred more for music. Sometimes DAC chips are changed in Marantz models and so they may sound little different.

Last edited:
Even thought the price difference is few thoudands , flexablity provided by main pre-out can't be over looked. I have added power amplifier MM7025 to my Marantz NR1608 and both the music listening as well as movies watching experience improves to next level. Pre-out keep us an easy upgrade path for amplification section of system chain. It is similar to upgradation of avr dac by connecting external DAC through analog inputs . Recently I have upgraded AVR dac to external Schiit modi 3 DAC and the upgradation is substantial. Now music is more subtle and articulated with better controlled low end. Now with the same source, speakers and avr , I am able to listen more music from same albums. Micro details are audioble which were earlier difficult to listen. External dac and Power amplifier certainly improves sound quality of avrs .

Thanks for all your suggestions, I have ordered Denon.
Congratulations, I purchased SR5015 couple of months back and I'm happy with the purchase. I see that you are from Hyderabad. Which speakers are you pairing it with?
I'm using my Marantz with Kef Q150 LCR, Klipsch R14 surrounds, SVS PB 2000.

Congratulations, I purchased SR5015 couple of months back and I'm happy with the purchase. I see that you are from Hyderabad. Which speakers are you pairing it with?
I'm using my Marantz with Kef Q150 LCR, Klipsch R14 surrounds, SVS PB 2000.
does the timbre of the Kef Q150 LCR match with the Klipsch R14?

Even thought the price difference is few thoudands , flexablity provided by main pre-out can't be over looked. I have added power amplifier MM7025 to my Marantz NR1608 and both the music listening as well as movies watching experience improves to next level. Pre-out keep us an easy upgrade path for amplification section of system chain. It is similar to upgradation of avr dac by connecting external DAC through analog inputs . Recently I have upgraded AVR dac to external Schiit modi 3 DAC and the upgradation is substantial. Now music is more subtle and articulated with better controlled low end. Now with the same source, speakers and avr , I am able to listen more music from same albums. Micro details are audioble which were earlier difficult to listen. External dac and Power amplifier certainly improves sound quality of avrs .
I second that

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back