Denon x3100w ... Just got delivered from Germany

saswat

Just got my Denon X3100W from Europe. Cost just about 55k against 1.1lac in india.

Can you suggest some speaker set for this. Is Polk ok or should i go for wharfedale?

Will at 65k budget be ok for 5.1 system

congrats on ur purchase pics plz :)
regarding spkrs why do u restrict yourself with two brands only ..plz take some time and listen to various spkrs at this budget..then decide happy hunting :)

Just got my Denon X3100W from Europe. Cost just about 55k against 1.1lac in india.

Can you suggest some speaker set for this. Is Polk ok or should i go for wharfedale?

Will at 65k budget be ok for 5.1 system
Congrats! How did you procure it from Germany? Did you order it through amazon.de?

Congrats! Did you get it shipped by paying customs or did someone carry it for you? Looks like u got a good bargain anyway.

As karthi1000 has suggested, you should consider more brands. If budget is a problem, you can consider adding speakers stage by stage. I purchased an X2100 last year and I am still in the process of adding speakers. Presently I have Boston Acoustics A26 front speakers and a A225C center which I have recently added. I am upgrading from 22" to 42" TV this week. I will replace my 16 year old local-made rear bookshelves once the funds come along :) and have not even thought about subs so far!

I can imagine that X3100 must sound better than mine and you should do justice to it by pairing with some really good speakers. For suggestions - I had auditioned Tannoy Mercury V4i towers and PSB Image B4 bookshelves and had liked both (priced ~40k,~34k respectively in Bangalore). I do not have any experience on Wharfdales. But I guess they must be better than Polks which I have auditioned and did not like much.

Good luck with your purchases. Researching around and building a home theater is fun as I can tell from my own (ongoing) experience!

First thing people would ask you is what is your budget?
Suggestions would come according to your budget of course.
Since you are here you would of course prefer local options rather than shipping them in. keeping that in mind you should look for KEF and Dali. At ProFx you can get a demo of KEF with Denon and decide for yuorself. I personally highly regard the Dali Zensor series, you should hear them too.
And of course if budget permits do look at available options of Ushers and B&W, all of them are now here in Kolkata.

Finally everyone here would love to know how you got you Denon from Germany. What way did you go, how much did you have to pay as duty and how you got it for so cheap. Please share all the details, there are plenty of us who would like to do the same.
Thanks!

Congrats on your AVR... In India, Price is different story for hi-fi equip :eek:hyeah:

Short list speakers based on your room dimensions, your movie/music pattern..

If you love to watch movies, think abt completing 7.1 system...

Have a look at HiFiMART for wharfs new series floor stands. Looks like this one also good bargain as well for you.
I have wharfs with demon and they are very good match.

congrats!!! Is any warranty applicable, I believe it should be 220V as europe has same AC voltage as india.

Congrats once again....its a wise purchase indeed :)

Otherwise the OP should not have disclosed the price and excited all us Indians...Not fair if you want your questions answered but do not answer one simple question from our side...

I too got my Onkyo TX NR 818 from Kuwait 2 yrs back for 42K (Price in india was 95K) in a similar fashion...

Then the maximum value of goods allowed as part of hand baggage was 35K... Luckily my friend who was carrying the AVR wasn't stopped & enquired abt details.. Else would have had to pay duty :)

But now the limit has been raised to 45K...

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back