Denon x500 + BA xs 5.1 - is it best for under 50K ?

arunksrct

Hi Good people,

Have been reading many threads and could finalise this AVR/Speaker combo
Denon X500 + Boston Soundware xs 5.1
But just want some final suggestions from you guys.

My max budget is 50K. Usage is purely for movies.

1. Based on many threads have finalised to Denon x500. Do you have any other alternates in same price range ?

2. Was confused between JBL cinema 300 and BA xs 5.1 But finalised BA since that is the most suggested and JBL 300 has very little to zero actual reviews or suggestions. - Do you have any other alternate suggestions ?

Your inputs are much appreciated.

Hi Good people,

1. Based on many threads have finalised to Denon x500. Do you have any other alternates in same price range ?

2. Was confused between JBL cinema 300 and BA xs 5.1 But finalised BA since that is the most suggested and JBL 300 has very little to zero actual reviews or suggestions. - Do you have any other alternate suggestions ?

The Boston Acoustics XS5.1 have a worldwide known sub-woofer problem, search google for that.

Hi Good people,

Don't go for BA xs 5.1, as someone already suggested it got sub proble which is true. My friend got BA XS 5.1 3 months back and sub problem started in just 7 days. Opted for replacement, took another 20 days for new pc and after 15 days again new sub stopped working. Now hes just stuck and waiting for another replacement. In short, 3 months and he still havent used 4-5 days properly. So i would suggest stay away and you may audition JBL cinema 300 5.1 as i have auditioned them and they are are good for the price. Only lower side i felt was in the sub, i didnt find it punchy but sats were really good and again it depends on choice, may be you will like it. Just go and audition and see how it goes. Good Luck!

Don't go for BA xs 5.1, as someone already suggested it got sub proble which is true. My friend got BA XS 5.1 3 months back and sub problem started in just 7 days. Opted for replacement, took another 20 days for new pc and after 15 days again new sub stopped working. Now hes just stuck and waiting for another replacement. In short, 3 months and he still havent used 4-5 days properly. So i would suggest stay away and you may audition JBL cinema 300 5.1 as i have auditioned them and they are are good for the price. Only lower side i felt was in the sub, i didnt find it punchy but sats were really good and again it depends on choice, may be you will like it. Just go and audition and see how it goes. Good Luck!

Thanks for the clarity man.. ok then, so far, I have planned to take audition for JBL 300 and will try to find onkyo 5700.
thanks for the inputs guys.. more suggestions welcome..

I would suggest looking at Pioneer or Yamaha AVR with Polk speakers in 3.0 configuration (fronts + centre). It will work out a bit above 50k. The audio quality will be much better than your current option. Polks have very good bass and a sub is not essential from day 1. Add sub and surrounds later when your budget permits.

I would suggest looking at Pioneer or Yamaha AVR with Polk speakers in 3.0 configuration (fronts + centre). It will work out a bit above 50k. The audio quality will be much better than your current option. Polks have very good bass and a sub is not essential from day 1. Add sub and surrounds later when your budget permits.

appreciate your suggestion Jags.. but true 5.1 surround is prime factor for me and my stretched out limit is 50k for entire HT setup.. but polks will run down my wallet.. :-(

thanks for this.. cant seem to find anything online.. will try to find in showrooms.. but looks like will stretch my budget..

Onkyo India has all the details.

I'd recommend HT-S7705, its has even better features including 4K video upscaling, but budget will need reconsideration.

PS - I'd highly recommend either one or even HTIBs from Yamaha. Do audition them. Separates make sense only beyond a certain budget and even then I've heard powered speakers that will give separates a run for their money even at a budget... PMC and Genelec are great examples here.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back