Design Classics

I should have added a smiley at the end. My apologies. :)
No problem bro. That reminds me.
facebook-smiley-face.jpg

Smiley is a classic logo design :D
Warm regards

Bata used to make a very good replica in leather , then they tarted uing rexine and screwed the thing
Good old Quo Vadis with the thick leather straps, antique finish buckles and suede leather insole? I wore that pattern (maybe 12 repeat purchases) of QuoVadis for a record 14 years and.... then I got married. Wifey did want to be seen with me in those Spartan sandals :(

Shoes, watches, this is almost like reading the spam! :lol:

Watches don't do it for me, except from the engineering standpoint. A hand-crafted mechanical watch, even the simplest, is just beyond my comprehension in skill and patience requirements.

Shoes: the classic moccasin-style sailing shoe, Sebago Docksiders. So damned comfortable that, soon after I started sailing, I couldn't resist wearing them every day --- even if a little eccentric for office wear.

docksides-6156-15823.jpg

For anyone interested in design (and designing), not from an aesthetics perspective but for utility, I highly recommend the book 'The Design of Everyday Things" by Donald Norman.

The Design of Everyday Things: Donald A. Norman: 9780465067107: Amazon.com: Books

Another book whose title became something of a mantra for me when I was involved in the UI design for an industrial grade software is "Don't Make me Think" by Steve Krug. After I heard the title, I didn't even bother to buy or read the book. The message had gone deep into my brain. I do hope to read it one day though :)

Don't Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability,2nd Edition: Steve Krug: 9780321344755: Amazon.com: Books

Last edited:
The lovely VW Karmann Ghia

vw_karmann_ghia_fs1.jpg

vw_karmann-ghia_rs1.jpg

I must admit that I was never a fan of this design until I saw it in real in Melbourne. The pic above is of a tastefully modified Ghia.

Last edited:
The Porsche 356 Speedster:

porsche-speedster.jpg

I have seen Top Gun more times to watch Kelly McGillis drive the speedster and to hear the sound from Tom Cruise's Kawasaki Ninja 900 than for all the air combat :)

All time classics from inception:

VW Beetle
800px-1000000th_beatle.jpg

Porsche 356 Cabrio
porsche-356-silver.jpg

Porsche 911 Current Iteration
800px-Blue_Porsche_991_Carrera_S_fl_IAA_2011.jpg

Classic Muscle Cars - fantastic designs from mid 60s to early 70s

Pontiac GTO
Pontiac-GTO-muscle-car.jpg

Ford Mustang
BCFB91B7-B73A-F62B-8F78-51BD34445576_1969_ford_mustang_boss_429-02.jpg

Chevrolet Camaro
First+Generation-1967+Chevy+Camaro+SS.jpg

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
chevrolet-corvette-c2-sting-ray-04.jpg

chevrolet-corvette-c2-sting-ray-06.jpg

AC Shelby Cobra
3.-1966-Shelby-Cobra-427-Roadster-F211.1.jpg

Last edited:
Coaltrain - Is addicted to and loves jazz music. So he is relaxed kind of a guy and like innovative things.

LOL! 'relaxed' is the last word people would use to describe me! :)

btw, i think people believe jazz is laid back music because of non-jazz folks like kenny g who have the 'jazz' tag attached to their names. i usually don't feel relaxed when i hear his music in the elevator! :)

back on topic: someone mentioned purely indian design here. well, here's one of my favourite examples:

commonman.jpg

By coaltrain at 2012-09-16

@ Denom : I like Beetle too. 1300 in particular. And remember Mig-21 has won us few battles. I like the design. Yes Spitfire is a classic too. thanks
1429481.jpg

@ Santhosh : Nice Muscle Cars. You forgot Hummer. A classic. :D
@ Coaltrain : I would not say I hate Kenny G as I believe all music has its place. But I dont listen to it. I only guessed in that post:p. Broadly speaking I think music relaxes the listener. Yeah Common man :thumbsup: is a classic and known by everyone. I like Mario Miranda and Ajit Ninan work. Some of Mario's characters are famous.
Regards :)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back