Designing A Dedicated Listening Room

Hi Everyone

Hope you all are doing great. Lately I have been very busy with my home construction, hence not much active on the forum. Posting after exactly one yearin this thread :). now most of the things are in place and almost the time to finish the listening room as well. I am trying to reach out to local people here who does these kind of projects.

So far, a person has given me following options for my room (18x14x10 feet).

1. Wood wool suspended ceiling, 4x2 pre cut boards, to be wrapped with some fabric. Costing around 320/sq feet
2. Wooden panels 4x2 for walls. Costing 3000/ pc
3. Foam panels 4x2 for walls. Costing 3000/pc

Are these good enough for a stereo room? My main concern is ceiling first as its bare.

For ceiling, I am not very happy with the suspended solution. I need some fancy and effective solution with nice lighting for the ceiling. What else are the options?

Thanks.

attaching some pics.

Wooden Panel with same foan as below
1703411306418.png

Foam pannel 2 layered
1703411353048.png

For Ceiling

1703411469812.png

If you are going with the suspended ceiling, use acoustic tiles (made of any of the material on a firm frame of alumnium or such. if possible, also put bales of loose rockwool in a gunny bag or similar transparent material between the tile and the ceiling. It will serve as a broadband absorber as well as make sure the acoustic tiles dont rattle.

I prefer, tiles like the one you find in anutone's website as they are easy to incorporate ceiling speakers or lights or any other mods you want to do later. Wood based ones are slightly harder to operate.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back