Designing Open Baffle speakers...

Yes, single driver only. I have a pair of Markaudio Alpair-10M Gold 6" Full Range Gen 3.
That's great.
Somehow I am getting a feeling that in near future, you will build/buy active xo and go for bi-amping with larger woofers alongside ma 10m (like I said before on page 1) [emoji3]

Minidsp is another alternative if you have the budget. With a calibrating mic, you can easily implement multiple cosier points, baffle step compensation, and a lot of fancy eq to get the sound right.

Minidsp is another alternative if you have the budget. With a calibrating mic, you can easily implement multiple cosier points, baffle step compensation, and a lot of fancy eq to get the sound right.

How much they cost (at your doorstep in India)?
Let's a 2X4 one?
And what is the safest way to bring one on your one being in India?

I think using foobar or such player to control a dsp and using Creative, Asus like DSP is good, probably a cheaper option. I think lot many things are already written on it here somewhere else.

I still use Creative soundblaster and foobar. It works for me. I prefer having tone control through equalizer than not having any control on the end product.
either through computer or through TT, I control sound through an equalizer.
I love to hear music in my tonal ways.

A software DSP vs hardware DSP.

One comes free (in case of foobar), another one is really expensive.

I really doubt how much the software DSP can come closer to hardware one.

Now, from a software perspective, anything (read audio signal) altered from the source using any software, some bits might get truncated. Which in turn will not provide the accurate output IMO. Now, how much we will be able to hear or distinguish between these two is purely subjective. And it completely depends on how good the other components in the chain are or how good the ears of the listeners are. :)

not much diff between sw and hw controlled DSP. i have used minidsp in past and didn't like the idea of A-to-D conversion in the signal chain. it sounded dull to me although many reviews claim they don't hear the diff including Linkwitz!

not much diff between sw and hw controlled DSP. i have used minidsp in past and didn't like the idea of A-to-D conversion in the signal chain. it sounded dull to me although many reviews claim they don't hear the diff including Linkwitz!

Is it the mini DSP that we tried to use or the actual miniDSP made somewhere in far East?

Thank you for helping me in setting up foobar wayback in 2012 (?):clapping:

I didn't like the idea either of another set of A2D and again D2A in signal chain. I will definitely add some color to the signal regardless of brand of the device.

Now, coming to the bi-amping scenario, if I have to go that way, I might (just might) prefer Linkwitz XOs over any XO+DSP combo. But still not sure what I will end up with at the end of the day.

My plan is to use mini dsp for prototyping the crossover and the eq. Once it is done I'll build a hw equivalent and install it in my car and use it for the active crossover + time alignment

Ahuja Sound Solutions

I paid 1800 per piece in Baroda on 2012. Hope it helps.

I checked out a local ahuja dealer for the L12-200 & the L15-400. was given quotes of 2.1k & 4.6(i Think) K for them.

The L15 is not worth 2x for the 2dB boost & the marginally better LFE. Plus the L12 will be easier to hide.

Unfortunately the L12 was not in stock, so this is to be continued

I checked out a local ahuja dealer for the L12-200 & the L15-400. was given quotes of 2.1k & 4.6(i Think) K for them.

The L15 is not worth 2x for the 2dB boost & the marginally better LFE. Plus the L12 will be easier to hide.

Unfortunately the L12 was not in stock, so this is to be continued
Does these come with copper vc?

I bought AS15-X200.
Still sounding wonderful!
Now it has an active cross over (a gift) to limit its workload.
So, the Philips is relieved off for lows and AS15 is dancing like a traditional Dhol player with those LFs.
I am happy as a bird, as a composer with the best hands on the recording studio.

Hi ,
Came across this brand . Looks good for the price .Reviews are good .
Brand at link - http://www.spatialaudio.us/hologram-m3

M3 Specifications | Technical
Type: 2-way, point source, open-baffle, dynamic driver, controlled directivity
Chassis:: Two Layer HDF (High Density Fiberboard)
Driver compliment: Two 15 inch mid/woofers, one wide bandwidth compression driver
Crossover: 800Hz - Passive - Hologram Network Technology - WBT NextGen Binding Posts
Frequency Response: 32Hz - 20kHz +/- 3dB in room response
Sensitivity: 94dB - averaged across 200Hz to 5kHz at 1M - on axis
Impedance: 4? nominal, 3 ? minimum, low phase angle.
Recommended amplifiers -tube or solid state 5 Watts and larger.
Dimensions: 42T x 17W x 3D inches, 65 lbs net each
20 year limited warranty
60 day trial period allows you to experience the Hologram in your own home without risk. Terms
American innovation. Made in USA
Available in Black, White or Red Satin.

M 3 $1500pair

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 45
Update:
My OB is nearing its completion, frames are ready and last weekend finished mounting the drivers. Will try to complete the wiring coming weekend. Attaching few images for your reference.

Sorry for the poor image quality as they are taken on my mobile phone.

Thanks,
Bibin

Lovely looks Bibin. And a Zen look.

How it differs in sound when you fill gaps between baffles? Just curious.

Are height of baffles are deliberate? then what are their reasons of having such heights?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back