Designing Open Baffle speakers...

Update:
My OB is nearing its completion, frames are ready and last weekend finished mounting the drivers. Will try to complete the wiring coming weekend. Attaching few images for your reference.

Sorry for the poor image quality as they are taken on my mobile phone.

Thanks,
Bibin
@bibin,

Wow. Simply superb. Very well implementation of Pureaudioproject.

What drivers did you use in this project? Are these fostex and eminence alpha by any chance?
What xover are you planning to use with them?
What type of amplifier are you planning to use?

@bibin,

Wow. Simply superb. Very well implementation of Pureaudioproject.

What drivers did you use in this project? Are these fostex and eminence alpha by any chance?
What xover are you planning to use with them?
What type of amplifier are you planning to use?

Eminence ALPHA-15A and Tang Band W8-1808. It will be powered through passive X-over now, a Mini-DSP is in consideration. Amp not yet decided.

Thanks,
Bibin

Lovely looks Bibin. And a Zen look.

How it differs in sound when you fill gaps between baffles? Just curious.

Are height of baffles are deliberate? then what are their reasons of having such heights?

Thank you...I haven't yet powered it. Will try filling the gaps. The heights are not deliberate...the baffle arrangement is just inspired from Pureaudioproject's "Trio 15".

Thanks,
Bibin

Eminence ALPHA-15A and Tang Band W8-1808. It will be powered through passive X-over now, a Mini-DSP is in consideration. Amp not yet decided.

Thanks,
Bibin
That's great. Minidsp should be good. Don't you think that instead of another set of ADC and DAC in minidsp, a 24db/octave active xo would be better?

@bibin3210
Wow!!
I don't know anything about OB speakers, but visually they are a delight; hope they sound as beautiful as they look.
Not sounding critical here, but consider replacing the hex bolts in the front to brass or antique brass. They will gel very well with the golden tone of the wood.
If you are considering filling in the gaps, please consider wenge. Its black color will match with the speaker cones.

Cheers,
Raghu

Yes, the design is inspired from PureAudioProjects but not an exact clone.

Thanks,
Bibin

can you tell me what is not as in pure audio project? to me its all looking same. if i am not wrong even the driver selection is same. correct me if i am wrong. nothing wrong in getting inspired but giving credit is necessary.

can you tell me what is not as in pure audio project? to me its all looking same. if i am not wrong even the driver selection is same. correct me if i am wrong. nothing wrong in getting inspired but giving credit is necessary.

X-Over is the main different thing as this is going to be an active one, then the dimensions and frame are slightly different due to the non availability of materials and tools needed to make it.

Thanks,
Bibin

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back