Hi friends,
I have I3 2100 3.1GHz CPU
Gigabyte GA H61MD2 B3 MoBo
Sapphire 6850GPU
Need good quality 2.1 PC audio system
Budget is 12k
Mainly old Hindi songs.
I liked SWAN M10 from its reviews.
Do i need separate dedicated sound card? or internal/inbuilt would suffice?
If yes, which? Whats its approx. price?
Thanks

You can go for Sony SRS-D8 it has great sound and the price is well within your budget (it was expensive earlier).

Dont know about the SWAN M10.

Do check out sony before you make your purchase.

An external sound card would do wonders. Not worth putting money in good speakers if your sound card doesn't output clear audio.

I recommend these two speakers: this and this.

Friends,
Why no replies?

Replies are there. You are not reading them (carefully enough).

If you want to hear in more clear words, skip the M10. There are much better value speakers out there, including from Swan. In my previous post I mentioned them. Don't know if you even read that.

Replies are there. You are not reading them (carefully enough).

If you want to hear in more clear words, skip the M10. There are much better value speakers out there, including from Swan. In my previous post I mentioned them. Don't know if you even read that.

Hi,
I have already read it. I may go ahead with Swans D1080MKII 08 due to budget.
Hows Swan M20W as compared to Swans D1080MKII 08.

But still, what about sound card and source?---- yet got no answers?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Fiio E10 or Creative sound blaster x fi 5.1

Now when you will finalized your 2.1!! After that Check this once....:clapping:

img58345977.jpg

Mind blowing! which model of Bose is this?

Bose companion 20....

I always hate Bose product...but this one only made me fall in love:)

One doesn't need a sub woofer...very balanced not bright or harsh like other Bose product:clapping:

Bose companion 20....

I always hate Bose product...but this one only made me fall in love:)

One doesn't need a sub woofer...very balanced not bright or harsh like other Bose product:clapping:

The companion 20 indeed is good, I have heard it many a times and can vouch for them.
As for a sound card, it WILL improve the sound quality given that you are playing good quality music, meaning not 128kbps downloads, preferably CDs and FLACs or 320kbps at least.

You can go for Sony SRS-D8 it has great sound and the price is well within your budget (it was expensive earlier).

Dont know about the SWAN M10.

Do check out sony before you make your purchase.

I found SRS-D8 to have good punchy bass and not much else unfortunately. An Edifier C3 in my opinion is way way better than the Sony.

Altec Lansing MX5021 powered by Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer :cool:

Running it from the past 4 years. I like what i hear. I m not sure you will find a MX5021 in market atleast a new one.

And about DAC, internal sound card is lot cheaper than external DAC(like Fiio E10 etc). ASUS and Creative has some good cards. But if you plan to swap between speakers and headphones, then external DAC is more practical.

Soundstick III Check this one also.......one of the best looking Computer speaker of the world!! YES Google it

HARMAN%3AKARDON%20SOUNDSTICKS%20II_6_enl.jpg

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back