Need HTPC build help

Hi johnny,
sorry for delay in posting. I bought my set up before 6 months.
Now 6750 card is almost same price of 5770 during my buy, you will get hdmi 1.4 with that but not in 5770. Mind that you should get a hdmi 1.4 cable too.
You have to invest in higher wattage psu for 6xxx cards than 5xxx as recommended wattage for them is 500. I use corsair vx450.
My mobo has both optical and coaxial input and no hdmi 1.4. I don't use them. I use gpu hdmi outputs.

Hi johnny,
sorry for delay in posting. I bought my set up before 6 months.
Now 6750 card is almost same price of 5770 during my buy, you will get hdmi 1.4 with that but not in 5770. Mind that you should get a hdmi 1.4 cable too.
You have to invest in higher wattage psu for 6xxx cards than 5xxx as recommended wattage for them is 500. I use corsair vx450.
My mobo has both optical and coaxial input and no hdmi 1.4. I don't use them. I use gpu hdmi outputs.

Hey Karthik,

Thanks a lot..
its okey for the late, i have real confidence on this forum and gurus from this forum..:)

any idea do i need audio card/wifi card..(i am thinking of not buying any amp like onkyo for my home theare).
and pls let me know can i downgrade my CPU as i dont do much multitask and system is just for entertainement purpose...

and i am looking for horizontal case..any recommendations on this?

Thanks a lot for help.

I don't think you need an audio card as gpu itself bitstreams audio well. I just downloaded x men last stand bluray with dd encoding and am watching it prefect without any sound card. But if you are enthusiastic enough, then yes. As it would reduce the stress of gpu .
Downgrading cpu.... Yes even core 2 duo will suffice.
Case, I have CM elite 360, a horizontal htpc case.just check the cooler master site for specifications. I think its the cheapest htpc case. It will not have remote control facility as others have, but you can later get a media centre remote separately.
I have fixed additional fans for heat dissipation. In summer cpu fan make little noise but it does not affect my movie watching. 5770 is one of the silent gpu s.

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back