Difference/confused between local cable set-top box,tatasky,airtel Dts etc..

Do you guys know that Tata Sky+ HD comes with a black mesh antenna that prevents reception issues during rainy seasons by not allowing water to be retained on the antenna surface. Is this true?

I was not aware of this when I installed my STB and now I have raised a complaint with Tata Sky customer care. Have anyone else faced similar problem?
I got the black mesh antenna and I had read this thread before it was installed. So I asked the technician the reason for such design, only thing he could suggest that TS is giving the best antenna for TS+HD. So it might be true that the reception might get better during rains (have not tested during rains, however except for a planned outage have hardly witnessed any signal dropping or corruption).

Do you guys know that Tata Sky+ HD comes with a black mesh antenna that prevents reception issues during rainy seasons by not allowing water to be retained on the antenna surface. Is this true?

I was not aware of this when I installed my STB and now I have raised a complaint with Tata Sky customer care. Have anyone else faced similar problem?

Here in Delhi, they gave me a new dish when I got the TS+HD STB. But then the antenna is still a solid dish and not a mesh antenna. Maybe this has something to do with my location and the fact that in delhi there is not much rains.Also the angle of the antenna here is such that no water collects on the dish.

The Dish TruHD service came with a even bigger antenna that was also shaped such that no water would collect on the antenna.

The problem with reception in rainy season is not just related to the water collecting on the antenna but also has a lot to do with the clouds. I have had reception cut for an extended period of time when there were very heavy rainclouds above.

-- no1lives4ever

Here in Delhi, they gave me a new dish when I got the TS+HD STB. But then the antenna is still a solid dish and not a mesh antenna. Maybe this has something to do with my location and the fact that in delhi there is not much rains.Also the angle of the antenna here is such that no water collects on the dish.

The Dish TruHD service came with a even bigger antenna that was also shaped such that no water would collect on the antenna.

The problem with reception in rainy season is not just related to the water collecting on the antenna but also has a lot to do with the clouds. I have had reception cut for an extended period of time when there were very heavy rainclouds above.

-- no1lives4ever
I agree, usually clouds create more issues than the water. I was not given that bigger antenna on Dish HD and was told that my 5+year one is better!

An old thread it is, but my confusion is very same.

I will be getting a pana L32E5D LED soon, so I was thinking about getting a set top box or tata sky/airtel/others digital cable. My priorities would lie around viewing daily soaps on Sony and Star (please try to understand!!); movie channels like Star movies, HBO; sports like Start Cricket; and Discovery turbo.

One more query: do these set top boxes come with audio RCA out? Asking coz this pana LED doesn't have RCA out for audio, somehow:confused:

Your advices please..

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back