Difference in PQ between Sony Bravia EX500 or NX500

plasmoid

After 1 year of unending research and the floating blacks and banding problems in the v20( really had my heart set on this TV:sad:)...I can no longer wait...planning to go in for the Bravia NX or EX500.Just was wondering if EX is the same as NX but with 100hz motion-flow.Does the EX have a better quality panel or are both the same.

Amy feedback is appreciated

Well both have a SPVA panel,highly unlikely the EX500 has a superior panel.
The EX500 does have the motion flow.

NX500 is just a fancy EX400.

One of these models (maybe both??) has a highly reflective glass screen (adder please confirm). Avoid reflective screens in LCDs. They detract from the advantage of LCD's view-ability in bright rooms, though you could notch up the backlight.

As per some posts in other threads on hifivision, I read that the NX has a reflective glass screen while the EX has a matt finish. On the other hand, having a glass screen/shield in front of the LCD protects the LCD from scratches etc.

I don't think minor scratches on LCD screens presents a major problem as long as they are not visible when watching TV. Also the glass screen/shield is just as likely to get scratches as the LCD screen itself, so it works out to the same thing unless the glass can be easily replaced (which I doubt). And the glass screen will attract dust and fingerprints like a magnet.

The NX has a another layer of glass/plastic in front of tv,so it does have the advantage of some protection,as said by some they have kids who use agarbathi and poke the screen,use crayons etc,so for them its useful.

The drawback is the reflection.

Actually...I thought the glass screen was a nice touch...and also I have thick curtains and lighting at my place is very dim and not facing the TV screen, so no problems with direct reflection.

No kids too...only me at home so no chance of damage.Will the glass screen affect the black levels due to even minimal reflection?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back