Sony Bravia KDL W700B - Buyers Thread

Flipkart has shipped the TV pretty fast and I also had the option to schedule the delivery time per convenience. Though I scheduled between 8 - 10 am, the guys turned up 30 mins late. Anyway, the delivery experience was otherwise good and I was glad to see 0000-0004-0000 in usage hours (manufactured March 2015) :clapping: I did the installation myself.

The Sony person had called and informed me that he wall mount it for free. But I did not go for it anyway I plan to do a proper swivel type mount in the future. Do not want to shell out any extra cash for the moment!

Time to sit back and enjoy some good movies in my upgraded home theater now! ;)

Congrats !!! Enjoy the TV....

Have you got the wall-mount kit? If not, get it from them... even if you don't want to wall mount it now or if you have any other plans.

Also get extended warranty as many years as company offers to have a peace of mind. Sony gives +2years I think, also it would have same terms as in 1yr std warranty IMO. There could be big cut-down in prices if you get it within a month of purchase. coz I'm still regretting not getting it in a month of my TV purchase, I could've got it for 9.5k for 3yrs which they (CC guys) didn't confirm me then, and now I have to pay around 18-19k for the same e.w.thread link :cool:

Last edited:
This looks like a good model, but I am concerned about the following comments:
1. MKV/AVI format won't play.
2. Hard Disk reads are slow.
3. Apps are slow.
4. Hard Disk with NTFS formats are not supported.
5. Folder structure is absent.

Are these above serious problems?. Im asking this to folks who already have suffered such problems. I am new to LED business and not really familiar with such stuff. My main requirement is that it should go well with PlayStation3 and also PlayStation4.

I visited the sony center the other day and this looked good. The dealer however mentioned that there is a new model called 700C. Anyone know about this?.

Thanks guys.

This looks like a good model, but I am concerned about the following comments:
3. Apps are slow.

Are these above serious problems?. Im asking this to folks who already have suffered such problems. I am new to LED business and not really familiar with such stuff. My main requirement is that it should go well with PlayStation3 and also PlayStation4.

I visited the sony center the other day and this looked good. The dealer however mentioned that there is a new model called 700C. Anyone know about this?.

Thanks guys.

It plays. I am using mkv format mostly and i didn't face any issue so far. only HEVC X265 format wont play. coming to AVI format, its the basic format and even a 10k rs tv supports this format. why not bravia. I played many AVI without any trouble.

Agreed. But not that much slow. switch on the tv and allow to run for 30 seconds. then plug the hard disk.

3. Apps are slow.

yeah. Apps are slow.

It supports.

you have to select "Folder View" in options

Suga49, thanks a lot man. So, except for the APPs being a little slow, everything else is promising.

I am interested in knowing if anyone has tried this TV with PlayStation3 or PlayStation4. If so, what are your experiences...

Congrats !!! Enjoy the TV....

Have you got the wall-mount kit? If not, get it from them... even if you don't want to wall mount it now or if you have any other plans.

Also get extended warranty as many years as company offers to have a peace of mind. Sony gives +2years I think, also it would have same terms as in 1yr std warranty IMO. There could be big cut-down in prices if you get it within a month of purchase. coz I'm still regretting not getting it in a month of my TV purchase, I could've got it for 9.5k for 3yrs which they (CC guys) didn't confirm me then, and now I have to pay around 18-19k for the same e.w.thread link :cool:

Thanks for that information! I will check about the extended warranty on priority.
There was some additional stuff inside the TV box which looked like parts for wall mounting. Is that what you are referring to?

The TV has greatly simplified my Hi-Fi setup due to multiple HDMI ports and support for ARC :clapping: I have not used the apps or USB ports much. My regular use is to watch cable and movies from my laptop. DLNA streaming from laptop also works great, though I am not sure how to stream the movie subtitles!

Suga49, thanks a lot man. So, except for the APPs being a little slow, everything else is promising.

I am interested in knowing if anyone has tried this TV with PlayStation3 or PlayStation4. If so, what are your experiences...

sorry .. not a gamer .. :indifferent14:

Hi! New here.
Just got my 32" W700B last week and still enjoying it.

However, I had a problem with the screencasting. I was able to make it work with my Nexus 4 for like 4 days and then it stopped working suddenly.

My phone can detect the TV but it doesn't connect anymore.

Anyone have the same problem?

Hi! New here.

However, I had a problem with the screencasting. I was able to make it work with my Nexus 4 for like 4 days and then it stopped working suddenly.

Hi, i am new to this forum. I brought this TV 3 months back and performance wise this tv is awesome. I have some good quality 3D movies in my system. I want to play it in my television. I know it wont support #D, but can i merge the dual screens in to 1 like in media player, so that i can see the 3D movie in normal mode. Any option is there in the w700B tv. Please help me to find the solution for this..

Thanks in advance

Hi! New here.

just restart the mobile once and it works. even i faced this issue

I think the TV itself has the problem in connecting through 'Screen Mirroring'.

Is it safe to factory reset the unit?
Have anyone tried it?

Experts,

Request your advice on the following.

The 42w700b I am being offered at a slightly lesser rate (56000) is a sealed piece but with a manufacturing date of 2014.

Is it worth going for it.

Its 59000 in other shops. I assume that would be of 2015 manufac. date.

Regards

Experts,

Request your advice on the following.

The 42w700b I am being offered at a slightly lesser rate (56000) is a sealed piece but with a manufacturing date of 2014.

Is it worth going for it.

Its 59000 in other shops. I assume that would be of 2015 manufac. date.

Regards

Manufacturing of this model stopped few months back i guess. Latest model is 700C which have android OS and comes in 32" & 48" only. 56000 is a fair deal I would say. Not a best deal yet as i bought for 57k 8 months back. Try to bargain further. also make sure its a fresh piece not a demo.

Suga49, Thanks a lot for the advice.

I just received the package and it says Mar-2015, so very happy with it. Still packed, it seems brand new on inspecting the package.

The engineer will arrive tomorrow. The best I can do is check the usage hours, get the latest patches installed from Sony site, check USB ports. set optimal settings. I plan on using Smart features rarely, if at all! . Would you have any further suggestions for the engineer?

Thanks for helping out.

Suga49, Thanks a lot for the advice.

I just received the package and it says Mar-2015, so very happy with it. Still packed, it seems brand new on inspecting the package.

The engineer will arrive tomorrow. The best I can do is check the usage hours, get the latest patches installed from Sony site, check USB ports. set optimal settings. I plan on using Smart features rarely, if at all! . Would you have any further suggestions for the engineer?

Thanks for helping out.

Trust me, down the line you wont even care for smart features :lol: certain apps takes its sweet time to load. I seldom use smart features nowadays except YOU TUBE

Before plugging any USB device into the port make sure u run the tv for at least a minute from initial boot up. Only by then it will detect properly. TV wont detect anything beyond 1TB in size. some folders in hard drive having huge files (say above 10GB) will take time to read. Also select Folder view to browse the content.

Only X264 format videos will work. Latest HEVC X265 videos wont work. :mad: almost all format plays without any problem. .vob format wont work though.

Above all, try to get a stabilizer if you don't have one. recommended V-guard Crystal Plus.

Good luck. Enjoy your TV

Suga49, Firstly thanks for your generous and (seemingly) highly competent advice. When parting with half a lakh your advice gave me some confidence to mitigate that vulnerable/confused emotion. If I get it wrong - I get to watch my mistake for another 5 years.

The tv is now operational and meets my high expectations. Usage hours 0-6-0 - what a relief :)
USB-pendrive flies; have not tested HDD yet - dont have one.

Must mention some immediate damages lined up : HD Channels, extended Warranty, stabilizer

Cheers.

Suga49, Firstly thanks for your generous and (seemingly) highly competent advice. When parting with half a lakh your advice gave me some confidence to mitigate that vulnerable/confused emotion. If I get it wrong - I get to watch my mistake for another 5 years.

The tv is now operational and meets my high expectations. Usage hours 0-6-0 - what a relief :)
USB-pendrive flies; have not tested HDD yet - dont have one.

Must mention some immediate damages lined up : HD Channels, extended Warranty, stabilizer

Cheers.

Glad its a fresh piece.

extended warranty (5k) you can buy anytime before the current warranty expires. you can buy on june 2016.

stabilizer. 2.5k rs for v-guard crystal plus. and that's a must buy.

HD channels - I tried almost all leading DTH service provider ( except sun direct) I would highly suggest Tata Sky HD. not only HD channels looks good but also SD. Airtel & videocon D2H are similar but not on par with Tata sky. dish tv am not impressed.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back