Disney hotstar imax enhanced

girishtd8262

Shang chi on hot star ,is it imax enhanced..I read so many posts saying so .
But I don't see that option on my sony OLED A8G or on my projector 9400 .
Using apple TV 4 k and nvidia as streaming device.
My avr is 3600 it's imax enhanced.
Is that version available for indian subscribers

Its so frustrating.. the preview plays in IMAX , but the movie doesnt.

That being said, Sony TVs have a known issue with IMAX on Disney+.

Shang chi on hot star ,is it imax enhanced..I read so many posts saying so .
But I don't see that option on my sony OLED A8G or on my projector 9400 .
Using apple TV 4 k and nvidia as streaming device.
My avr is 3600 it's imax enhanced.
Is that version available for indian subscribers
IMAX enhanced version is not being streamed in India (Hotstar Disney+) , its only available on Disney+ in selected countries.
If you are able to catch hold of dowloaded version, you can watch the IMAX version.

Some additional info...

It's a marvelous initiative, looking forward to seeing it in action. It will be the Next Big Thing in streaming if they can pull this off within the limited streaming bandwidth.

Last edited:
What a crazy thing - I can seemingly get the larger aspect ratio (but in 1080p) through the Hotstar website ! Tried it on Shang-Chi movie.. Maybe my eyes are playing with me.

Shang Chi Legend of Ten Rings is in IMAX AR on Hotstar India, where as other marvel movies are not. Watched it in the IMAX aspect ratio without black bars. I guess we have to wait for the other movies. Even then this is just half baked with just AR changes and no IMAX enhanced sound that needs to be in DTS X. Disney is going to roll that out much later.

I remember watching the imax version of dark knight on my ht....it was only few scenes but man when they came on there was a clear difference...hope hotstar has that kind of impact although I highly doubt a streaming bandwidth can replicate the true potential...however if this leads to more imax content being created then there is hope of getting the untouched blurays to play those instead

Does Hotstar have titles in DD or DD+ ?
Last evening watched Shang Chi.
The TV (hosting Hotstar app) is connected to AVR via ARC.
AVR does not see DD or DD+
Defaults to PL-II Cinema

Cheers,
Raghu

Does Hotstar have titles in DD or DD+ ?
Last evening watched Shang Chi.
The TV (hosting Hotstar app) is connected to AVR via ARC.
AVR does not see DD or DD+
Defaults to PL-II Cinema

Cheers,
Raghu
Yes, it does. Mandalorian is a good one to start.

No such luck. I think Hotstar has 5.1 only on select apps/platforms.
Yes on FireTV and AppleTV or something. No luck for WebOS that's on LG.

Cheers,
Raghu

Shang Chi Legend of Ten Rings is in IMAX AR on Hotstar India, where as other marvel movies are not. Watched it in the IMAX aspect ratio without black bars. I guess we have to wait for the other movies. Even then this is just half baked with just AR changes and no IMAX enhanced sound that needs to be in DTS X. Disney is going to roll that out much later.

You got it right. 5.1 is not yet available on WebOS/Tizen.
That's so sad, I think all tv manufacturers should stop putting smart features in their tvs and adjust the price downwards. We can happily spend our money then on fire stick or Chromecast

You got it right. 5.1 is not yet available on WebOS/Tizen.
What a bummer :(

That's so sad, I think all tv manufacturers should stop putting smart features in their tvs and adjust the price downwards. We can happily spend our money then on fire stick or Chromecast
Didn't work with Chromecast either. My firestick is doing "smart duty" on a "dumb TV" at my parents place. Will have to try it sometime.

Cheers,
Raghu

What a bummer :(

Didn't work with Chromecast either. My firestick is doing "smart duty" on a "dumb TV" at my parents place. Will have to try it sometime.

Cheers,
Raghu
I get 5.1 on my firestick upto dd+ in hotstar... My tv does have Chromecast too but never needed to try it as its an android tv with apps... The tv app also supports 5.1 but it is an android tv

Oh well .... It's PL-II Cinema for now.
I just realized that I had forgotten to switch on the main poweramp for L/R while watching Shang Chi.
As it was late night, sub was also off.
So, we ended up watching it with only center channel on.
I knew something was not right, but realized it only today :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Raghu

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back