DIY: Advice on Hi Fi Rack

Veneer and polish will give you the best looking finish. Same as wood.
Suggest you don't scrimp on a rack. It does make a difference.

Found some more Chandigarh links you may find useful - one of these guys can
surely make a rack to your specs/needs -

Found some more Chandigarh links you may find useful - one of these guys can
surely make a rack to your specs/needs -
Wow that's really appreciated buddy. Thanks for looking up.

If the shelf spacing is going to be fixed, threaded studs can be avoided. stainless steel pipes with welded bolt at one end and nut at other end can be used instead. Need to visit roadside fabricators dealing in grills or staircase railings.

Alternately, pls check at nearby hardware store, ask for Mirror studs to get the idea
View attachment 52739
View attachment 52740
Avoid glass shelf if possible as they will resonate with the music. Use acrylic instead if available. Easy to maintain and upgrade later.

I went to a steel fabricator and few plywood stores. So far have an option to use ply or board with veneer but din't get anything from the fabricator.

Imo, acrylic will be best and better than wood. If you tap on them you don't hear any sound or vibrations. That's one reason why acrylic platters are very popular in turntables.

Avoid glass shelf if possible as they will resonate with the music. Use acrylic instead if available. Easy to maintain and upgrade later.
Maybe you should consider laminate material sheets.
I have used 1/2" laminate all around the house/garden (except for audio/video stuff).
They are extremely stable and look good too.
Full sheets (8x4) are very expensive. If you search around, cut pieces may be available.

Actually in my boy's room, have used it as a make shift shelf too.
Take a look here

Cheers,
Raghu

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back