DIY Dome Tweeter ?

Continued...........

P1050490.JPG

With Magnet

P1050492.JPG

Another Angle

P1050495.JPG

Finally with the top Plate.

Guys this is just a mock assembly ;)!! Am yet to actually fix it properly with the preferred Glue and stuff !!

As always please do share your thoughts and feedbacks etc......

Regards.

Hi,

Thanks Suri for the interest :)! but sorry to say that others have hardly had the enthusiasm that you and I have in DIY :p!

Since no one bothered to comment I stopped updating,after all this thread is not for me to..........

Anyways the Tweeter is fully built and is singing like a angel :yahoo: !! I have 95-98% achieved what I aimed for ;)!

Offcourse when you come to Bangalore,you can listen to them and give your feedback and such !

Regards.

Oh! Sreekanth,

heartiest congratulations!!!!:)

Now i look forward to -

1. listening to your creation

2. using your creation in one of my designs

3.of course you will make a midwoofer one of these days - so when that is made, i will look forward to making a design to use your tweeter and midwoofer in a two-way

Somebody will have to design the cross-over, though!

AGAIN congratulations:)

Hi,

Thanks a ton for the support :D! I really mean it.

using your creation in one of my designs

of course you will make a midwoofer one of these days - so when that is made, i will look forward to making a design to use your tweeter and midwoofer in a two-way

Somebody will have to design the cross-over, though!

Yeah sure Suri,you can use them if you find them to be conducive ;)!! I will not venture into the mid-bass making as I already have a top source for that ! they make drivers based on my specific requirement and thats almost like DIY but in a different way ;) !

I've recently got a sample pair with Phaseplug which Am testing these days with the dome ! They did offer their dome tweeter with some mods that I asked,but sadly it didn't workout hence gave DIY a shot,else wouldn't have:p !

Again when you come you see both in action first handed and be the judge their quality and sound reproduction :D!

Regards.

Hi Sreekanth,
Excellent project ,sorry I have joined the forum late .Do you have any updates ?
Did you use a Faraday ring ?
I did an experiment and was quite impressed with the outcome.
Picasa Web Albums - somak - speaker modif...
I stay in Kolkata we dont have access to good quality magnets . Do you have a source for the same ?
Whan grade of metal did you use for the plate and the pole ?
I want to build a couple of 6 inches but cant find the basket :mad:
Your tower speaker seems to have your custom made woofer and tweeter ?

Any info will be very much appreciated ,
My email [email protected]

With regards ,
Somak

Hello bro

Its great to know u are making a diy tweeter...... I joined this forum just to follow your tweeter project.

Best of luck bro..... if I can be of any help do let me know.

A small suggestion if I may....... the front and back plates of the motor should be a bit smaller than the magnet diameter for best results.

rgds
Sumit

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks Suri for the interest :)! but sorry to say that others have hardly had the enthusiasm that you and I have in DIY :p!

Since no one bothered to comment I stopped updating,after all this thread is not for me to..........

Anyways the Tweeter is fully built and is singing like a angel :yahoo: !! I have 95-98% achieved what I aimed for ;)!

Offcourse when you come to Bangalore,you can listen to them and give your feedback and such !

Regards.
We need people like you that just passign on specs info to each other. I am adding you in contact list.
I want to try this @ hyderabad. Can you help me to source raw materials?

soundsgreat no longer posts in the forum ..there were nasty jokes put on his work and he felt it is better to stop , many knowledged people left the forum :(

Being one of the enthusiasts who has actually heard his drivers (assembled in his own cabinets), I can vouch for the fact that they are unsurpassed in audible sonics, by any other dome tweeter, local or imported.

The only speakers I've heard that are comparable to his towers are the Cadence Audio Aristas with electrostatic tweeters, and the Aristas need a very good tube power amp to really shine. Soundsgreat's towers and bookshelves work well with just about any power amp - solid-state or tube.

soundsgreat no longer posts in the forum ..there were nasty jokes put on his work and he felt it is better to stop , many knowledged people left the forum :(

Well, we should the reason for this occurrence :indifferent14: :sad:

Being one of the enthusiasts who has actually heard his drivers (assembled in his own cabinets), I can vouch for the fact that they are unsurpassed in audible sonics, by any other dome tweeter, local or imported.

The only speakers I've heard that are comparable to his towers are the Cadence Audio Aristas with electrostatic tweeters, and the Aristas need a very good tube power amp to really shine. Soundsgreat's towers and bookshelves work well with just about any power amp - solid-state or tube.

Shreekanth, put in lots of effort to make this happen, almost to the point of him getting labelled as mental.

Sad that people like him do not get the breakthrough moments wrt respect & recognition.

I have met him just once & conversed with him via phone lots of times & have also heard his time aligned TL tower speakers which were superb. Sadly lost contact with him over time. Would appreciate it if anyone knowing him can PM me his cell no. Tks!

:)

Shreekanth, put in lots of effort to make this happen, almost to the point of him getting labelled as mental.

Sad that people like him do not get the breakthrough moments wrt respect & recognition.

I have met him just once & conversed with him via phone lots of times & have also heard his time aligned TL tower speakers which were superb. Sadly lost contact with him over time. Would appreciate it if anyone knowing him can PM me his cell no. Tks!

i think his number has changed. the one that i have is always switched off.

i think his number has changed. the one that i have is always switched off.

That is not the reason why sreekanth left the forum. He was ridiculed and banned and then unban by people with power at that time for no valid reason. So he decided not to return back and stay away from the forum

Maybe he should be persuaded to join back. But who knows if he will, ultimately it's his decision

@kapvin - his number has not changed. He switches on his phone after 10 or 11 in the morning

He has come up with many different cables and speakers since the time he left the forum but I don't want to be his mouth piece on the forum so Fms should try to audition his products if interested

He is soon going to send me his latest BS speakers for a few days. So anyone interested to listen to them can PM me

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back