DIY Enclosure/Cabinet for PowerAmp & PreAmp

Extraordinarily good! What wood is it?
How do you plan to ground the circuit and power supply in a non metallic enclosure?
G0bble

Extraordinarily good! What wood is it?
How do you plan to ground the circuit and power supply in a non metallic enclosure?
G0bble

For ODAC its powered from USB itself. There is no additional PSU.

Last edited:
Bijin, I think globble means how wooden case could be shielded from interference. Am I right?

Mishra ji no idea what he meant there. Anyway there are many techniques for shielding from interference if needed. It is a matter of simple internet search.

Last edited:
Normally a ground is connected to metal chassis. But if this one does not take power from the mains that explains it. Where does the the signal ground typically go BTW? Does that also tap into power ground normally?

G0bble

Normally a ground is connected to metal chassis. But if this one does not take power from the mains that explains it. Where does the the signal ground typically go BTW? Does that also tap into power ground normally?

G0bble

When I had my ODAC in a tiny bangle box the GND was connected to the RCA jack pin itself. But in my Pass B1 cabinet now its connected to the ground terminal.

Guys... How can I get these cabinets in Bangalore, Karanataka, India? I need one for Pre-Amp and power amp... I am imagining Cambridge Audio design.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back