DIY Oxygen Concentrator

Did a dry trial run of the machine...
video with compressor on, relays, solenoid valves and fans running... all the conditions appear normal without any leaks.
Next task is to prepare sieve beds and check for oxygen concentration and flow output.

Appreciate your work sir !

@oldmonk

@Cliveey

Thank you

Great! @hydrovac,
You have succeeded in getting the thread title changed... can't wait to see what you output.
Beautiful design and execution... waiting for final results.
Thanks @flat_listener the Super mod was kind enough to accept my request.

I am in total admiration of your passion. Build looks very far from DIY, very pro.
Thanks Mayank, Who wins: Darth Vader vs Terminator?

Small update:
I observed a lot of moisture being collected in high presuure regulator filter... so, introduced an indicative silica gel desiccant to prevent it from entering the Zeolite sieves.

As, i could not locate a source of O2 analyzer to test the saturation, started fabricating one.
The O2 sensor:
1603683595625.jpeg

1603683635936.jpeg

1603683655396.jpeg

Tested on industrial O2 cylinder... seems to be working. Couldn't check the concentrator owing to festival holidays.

Last edited:

@oldmonk

@Cliveey

Thank you

Thanks @flat_listener the Super mod was kind enough to accept my request.

Thanks Mayank, Who wins: Darth Vader vs Terminator?

Small update:
I observed a lot of moisture being collected in high presuure regulator filter... so, introduced an indicative silica gel desiccant to prevent it from entering the Zeolite sieves.

As, i could not locate a source of O2 analyzer to test the saturation, started fabricating one.
The O2 sensor:
View attachment 51208

View attachment 51209

View attachment 51210

Tested on industrial O2 cylinder... seems to be working. Couldn't check the concentrator owing to festival holidays.

You could also look at moisture separators in your circuit just before it enters the filter and a fan to cool the output air from the compressor to increase the condensation

You could also ask your dentist for a recommendation of a good compressor mechanic, he could supply you a fan based coooling coil and a regenerative silica gel desiccant with an auto draining valve that is used in many dental oil free compressors. Adding a small air receiver will also help in cooling the air and decreasing the run time on the compressor head that you are using. This head is commonly used in dentistry and I doubt it has a 100 percent duty cycle

Last edited:
You could also look at moisture separators in your circuit just before it enters the filter and a fan to cool the output air from the compressor to increase the condensation

You could also ask your dentist for a recommendation of a good compressor mechanic, he could supply you a fan based coooling coil and a regenerative silica gel desiccant with an auto draining valve that is used in many dental oil free compressors. Adding a small air receiver will also help in cooling the air and decreasing the run time on the compressor head that you are using. This head is commonly used in dentistry and I doubt it has a 100 percent duty cycle
I too happened to visit him and witness the life saver that Hydrovac made. I think it has these all. Of course, only the Horse can tell the true and full story.

Officially declared as First OxiKit build in India, up and running @ 90+% O2 concentration...
Mission accomplished, still some tweaking needs be done though.
thanks all for reading... :)

This is fantastic. Congratulations.

MaSh

This is fantastic. Congratulations.

MaSh

Super achievement - congrats!

Thanks

@MaSh

@quad

Update:
For the past 3 months did lot of trials with different parts, Zeolites and codes, to achieve optimum results.
With Jalon Lithium Zeolite, got the best output 14LPM @95% purity.

V2: With Air receiver tank, Better moisture separation with auto drain (99.9%), bigger fans on the compressor.

1615716850348.jpeg

Below is a small foot print compact version with 1HP compressor and 1Kg Lithium Zeolite per Sieve bed. Outputs 8LPM @94% purity.

1615717462371.jpeg

1615717650985.jpeg

1615717540261.jpeg

Also fabricated second Analyzer with less expensive O2 sensor and IC, cutting cost and also size by 40%

1615717828175.jpeg

1615717895671.jpeg

Last edited:
Super DIY. I cant imagine working on such DIY project.
I am still too noob to understand the overall purpose of this machine. Maybe someone can explain me :)

Officially declared as First OxiKit build in India, up and running @ 90+% O2 concentration...
Mission accomplished, still some tweaking needs be done though.
thanks all for reading... :)

Fantastic work Sir, I cannot imagine the help it will be to poor patients if more such units are built at an affordable price. You have got the infrastructure so replicating more units should not be a problem. Best Wishes Sir.

Wow. What a build. What initiative and execution. Am speechless.
this thread should be pinned.
Thanks @Bloom@83 the thread is pinned.

Wow. This is fantastic.
Congratulations.
Thanks @ajuvignesh

Super DIY. I cant imagine working on such DIY project.
I am still too noob to understand the overall purpose of this machine. Maybe someone can explain me :)
Oxygen Concentrators provide supplementary oxygen for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and, in higher concentrations for severe chronic hypoxemia and pulmonary edema. They may be used as an adjunct treatment for severe sleep apnea (in conjunction with a continuous positive airway pressure unit).
Oxygen Concentrators are typically used as stationary sources to provide long-term oxygen therapy (LTOT) at home.

Fantastic work Sir, I cannot imagine the help it will be to poor patients if more such units are built at an affordable price. You have got the infrastructure so replicating more units should not be a problem. Best Wishes Sir.
Thanks Pranjal,
The objective of this mission is exactly same. This machine has been built with off the shelf and easily available local parts.

You should try to patent it before someone steals it and makes it impossible to mass produce. So that they can make more profits out of it.

Now with so many cases of O2 shortage, this equipment should be really useful. Are you seeing demand for replicating this in other places and are you able to help in Hyd?

Yes @sud98

The O2 shortage situation is alarming. I am seeing a lot of interest from people wanting to build these machines from various parts of the Country.

One example, couple of days back i received two PMs showing interest in OxiKit build. Both are new members joined same day. Further, they revealed they joined the forum after reading my thread and not for AV purposes, but just to connect with me.
Probably they are the only members joined the Forum for reasons other than Audio... they formed a Whats App group with the residents of their society and are making plans to go ahead with the build.

That's the power of HFV.

Thanks.

Thanks

@MaSh

@quad

Update:
For the past 3 months did lot of trials with different parts, Zeolites and codes, to achieve optimum results.
With Jalon Lithium Zeolite, got the best output 14LPM @95% purity.

V2: With Air receiver tank, Better moisture separation with auto drain (99.9%), bigger fans on the compressor.

View attachment 55433

Below is a small foot print compact version with 1HP compressor and 1Kg Lithium Zeolite per Sieve bed. Outputs 8LPM @94% purity.

View attachment 55436

View attachment 55442

View attachment 55439

Also fabricated second Analyzer with less expensive O2 sensor and IC, cutting cost and also size by 40%

View attachment 55445

View attachment 55447

Great going. Much required during these difficult times

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back