• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

DIY Oxygen Concentrator

Mogami Cables

yogibear

Love your efforts. I have been raking my head to do something similar.... What you made overlaps things I have done in past. This can be a household life saver.

So this machine would directly supply pure oxygen to the patient ? What is the noise floor on this ? I guess it has to be kept a little away from the patient ? What is the permissible maximum distance you would recommend ?

Thanks for sharing all the details / steps. You deserve a National Award !

captrajesh

Staff member
@captrajesh
FMs of HFV would be more apt...
Unlike personal portable O2 concentrators sold commercially, this is of much higher capacity and much more bulkier. Hence the Hyderabad specific comment. :)

However, being an avid DIYer who's also helpful, I'm sure that he would be more than willing to help and guide those who want to build it for themselves.

flat_listener

"Below is a small foot print compact version with 1HP compressor and 1Kg Lithium Zeolite per Sieve bed. Outputs 8LPM @94% purity".

He also mentioned about a small footprint machine being developed...
Hence the HFV specific suggestion. :)

captrajesh

Staff member
"Below is a small foot print compact version with 1HP compressor and 1Kg Lithium Zeolite per Sieve bed. Outputs 8LPM @94% purity".

He also mentioned about a small footprint machine being developed...
Hence the HFV specific suggestion. :)
I have witnessed both of them working. Even the smaller one is not portable enough.

gangavkar

Mounted the compressor and Arduino controller:

View attachment 50052

View attachment 50051

Wired the controller and powered it up... all the relays were switching in sequence as per the code:
View attachment 50053

Next task is to connect the tubing and solenoid valves:
Superb - initiative. Very inspiring

Yes @sud98

The O2 shortage situation is alarming. I am seeing a lot of interest from people wanting to build these machines from various parts of the Country.

One example, couple of days back i received two PMs showing interest in OxiKit build. Both are new members joined same day. Further, they revealed they joined the forum after reading my thread and not for AV purposes, but just to connect with me.
Probably they are the only members joined the Forum for reasons other than Audio... they formed a Whats App group with the residents of their society and are making plans to go ahead with the build.

That's the power of HFV.

Thanks.
Same here - I was just looking in for Oxy Concentrator. I saw this remarkable initiative by you and well documented. I want to built and distribute and donate in villages - its really disheartening to see people die. Can you please help. Would be ready to invest and produce here in your guidance.

Last edited by a moderator: