DIY Oxygen Concentrator

@captrajesh
FMs of HFV would be more apt...
Unlike personal portable O2 concentrators sold commercially, this is of much higher capacity and much more bulkier. Hence the Hyderabad specific comment. :)

However, being an avid DIYer who's also helpful, I'm sure that he would be more than willing to help and guide those who want to build it for themselves.

"Below is a small foot print compact version with 1HP compressor and 1Kg Lithium Zeolite per Sieve bed. Outputs 8LPM @94% purity".

He also mentioned about a small footprint machine being developed...
Hence the HFV specific suggestion. :)

"Below is a small foot print compact version with 1HP compressor and 1Kg Lithium Zeolite per Sieve bed. Outputs 8LPM @94% purity".

He also mentioned about a small footprint machine being developed...
Hence the HFV specific suggestion. :)
I have witnessed both of them working. Even the smaller one is not portable enough.

Mounted the compressor and Arduino controller:

View attachment 50052

View attachment 50051

Wired the controller and powered it up... all the relays were switching in sequence as per the code:
View attachment 50053

Next task is to connect the tubing and solenoid valves:
Superb - initiative. Very inspiring

Yes @sud98

The O2 shortage situation is alarming. I am seeing a lot of interest from people wanting to build these machines from various parts of the Country.

One example, couple of days back i received two PMs showing interest in OxiKit build. Both are new members joined same day. Further, they revealed they joined the forum after reading my thread and not for AV purposes, but just to connect with me.
Probably they are the only members joined the Forum for reasons other than Audio... they formed a Whats App group with the residents of their society and are making plans to go ahead with the build.

That's the power of HFV.

Thanks.
Same here - I was just looking in for Oxy Concentrator. I saw this remarkable initiative by you and well documented. I want to built and distribute and donate in villages - its really disheartening to see people die. Can you please help. Would be ready to invest and produce here in your guidance.

Last edited by a moderator:
@hydrovac
Any suggestions where to source oxygen sensor KE-25 and the second sensor you used.
Great work. You have put lots of efforts. It will guide many others.

@hydrovac

Do you mind sharing list of parts and blueprint!!
Would like to replicate this effort. Can you please share the BOM/suppliers? That would be very useful.
@hydrovac
Any suggestions where to source oxygen sensor KE-25 and the second sensor you used.
Great work. You have put lots of efforts. It will guide many others.

Please take a look at OxiKit site for details.

In the past couple of days, lost two close family members due to Covid. One a journalist, anchor and movie actor.

After several prototypes and brainstorming sessions, this is the current compact version developed for ease of portability and use.

Renderings:

1620734809900.jpeg

1620734853253.jpeg

1620734867999.jpeg

The machine itself:
1620734907158.jpeg

Thanks

@MaSh

@quad

Update:
For the past 3 months did lot of trials with different parts, Zeolites and codes, to achieve optimum results.
With Jalon Lithium Zeolite, got the best output 14LPM @95% purity.

V2: With Air receiver tank, Better moisture separation with auto drain (99.9%), bigger fans on the compressor.

View attachment 55433

Below is a small foot print compact version with 1HP compressor and 1Kg Lithium Zeolite per Sieve bed. Outputs 8LPM @94% purity.

View attachment 55436

View attachment 55442

View attachment 55439

Also fabricated second Analyzer with less expensive O2 sensor and IC, cutting cost and also size by 40%

View attachment 55445

View attachment 55447

Congratulations sir. I am from Kolkata trying to build the same. Can you guide me please ?

Looks very neat and professional. Considering the prices of the concentrators (we bought one for our community at 1.2l for a 7lpm concentrator. I suppose zeolite would be a major bottleneck, considering the govt. sent a plane to Italy to procure the same, right?

Congratulations sir. I am from Kolkata trying to build the same. Can you guide me please ?
Hi,
Please connect with OxiKit.

Looks very neat and professional. Considering the prices of the concentrators (we bought one for our community at 1.2l for a 7lpm concentrator. I suppose zeolite would be a major bottleneck, considering the govt. sent a plane to Italy to procure the same, right?
Yes,
Oxygen Concentrator prices have skyrocketed of late owing to severe short supply.
Two Air India flights, carrying 34,200 kg of zeolite, used in PSA plants, arrived at Bengaluru airport from Rome on Sunday.

This is the machine I am building for sending to field trials and also to get Accreditation for the Device.
Waiting for the inputs regarding the mandatory safety features to be introduced in the design.

1621418986276.jpeg

1621419050975.jpeg

1621419090465.jpeg

1621419118447.jpeg

This is the machine I am building for sending to field trials and also to get Accreditation for the Device.
Waiting for the inputs regarding the mandatory safety features to be introduced in the design.
Our best wishes. If it could be covered up from all sides, that would make the package complete. BTW, waiting for inputs from whom?

Please ignore my suggestion if it is nonsense. Would replacing the MS L-angles or Pine with Bamboo Ply sheets reduce the overall weight given that bamboo is supposed to have better strength related properties in certain cases.

Thanks

@MaSh

@quad

Update:
For the past 3 months did lot of trials with different parts, Zeolites and codes, to achieve optimum results.
With Jalon Lithium Zeolite, got the best output 14LPM @95% purity.

V2: With Air receiver tank, Better moisture separation with auto drain (99.9%), bigger fans on the compressor.

View attachment 55433

Below is a small foot print compact version with 1HP compressor and 1Kg Lithium Zeolite per Sieve bed. Outputs 8LPM @94% purity.

View attachment 55436

View attachment 55442

View attachment 55439

Also fabricated second Analyzer with less expensive O2 sensor and IC, cutting cost and also size by 40%

View attachment 55445

View attachment 55447

@hydrovac hello, appreciate your work. am from faridabad. i have questions. (1)how much did it cost to build 15lpm & 8 lpm.(2) how long in hours continuously was the kit tested. was there a degrade in o2 concentration? (3) how about humidity control. also is it possible to share build docs as i would like to develop two prototypes.thanks.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back