DIY Speaker Stand for JBL-L96

sjith

Dear FM's

Planning to build a Speaker stand for JBL-L96
Measurements and drawings are finalized few months back and it was on hold due to some reason
Now restarting the project
Material is 19mm plywood with screwed joints
This is not my first DIY attempt but the first in speaker stand and first after joining in this forum
Previous attempts are two cassette players, one amplifier and a pair of speaker enclosure, which is in school/college time

Attachments

• Stand for JBL L96-Model for hfv.jpg
    Stand for JBL L96-Model for hfv.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 138
hi, all the best for your project.i would like to share my experience.i used mdf for top and base and the results are not encouraging,then same design done with complete metal and the results are very good.sound was improved,imaging and a lot.

hi, all the best for your project.i would like to share my experience.i used mdf for top and base and the results are not encouraging,then same design done with complete metal and the results are very good.sound was improved,imaging and a lot.

thanks krell for the feedback, this time I am sticking to plywood. metal will be considered for the second project which is for L15

Assembled stand without top board
used FEVICOL SH in the joints, Joints are Screwed together, used Sakthiman branded marine plywood - top quality available in my hometown.
-------------------------
filling
FM's suggesting granite stone pieces or sand.
because its plywood I am thinking about granite stones which is using in concrete or square pieces of flooring granite slab stack together and keep it inside the hollow pillar
any glue or compound suggestions for sticking the granite inside the hollow pillar to avoid vibration or movement.
-------------------------
thanks

Attachments

• 20141231_192227.jpg
    20141231_192227.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 20141231_192216.jpg
    20141231_192216.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 82
  • saktiman plywood.jpg
    saktiman plywood.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 81
Just a note of caution.
They say screws are not suitable for plywood as it tends to get loose. Professionals recommend plain nails instead. For the disapproval, I never used screws, so couldn't able to tell if they really get loose or not.

Just a note of caution.
They say screws are not suitable for plywood as it tends to get loose. Professionals recommend plain nails instead. For the disapproval, I never used screws, so couldn't able to tell if they really get loose or not.

thanks koushik,
considering your comment. I will provide few nails in between the screws. normal steel nails are ok I think. its already assembled with the screws and glue in between. screws are tightened with the drill machine for maximum tightness. bought some plywood joint pins also for inserting after completion of full assembly and filling of the column.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back