DIY Stands-Standanddeliver? i Stood, hope i delivered

heres how to assemble the spikes

Method 1 is used in my personal stands the SAL-Be
Also here instaead of a dome nut ( which is btw a more economical option) a special hexagonal machined spike top is used . this is larger in size and used purley because it look custom, easier to turn and looks better

Method 2 is used in SAL-Alif

you might have to download the pic and enlarge to see details

Hi magma............I found below info from a old thread..........lol

http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/1952-floorstanders-marantz-amp-2.html

You get better result by using specially treated Audiophile grade sand.

There are companies supplying this kind of sand. Sand is procured from some undisclosed sea beaches where no man ever stepped in, totally virgin sand. Then the sand is washed as many as 135 times using holy water from rivers such as Ganges, Yamuna, Tigris, Nile etc. People have reported that Ganges water brings lots of tonal accuracy while Nile water gives much tighter bass.

The washed sand is then dried in Sahara desert. After that the sand is mixed with gold, silver granules and polished in a ball mill. which works in a zero gravity mode. After this the sand is foot rubbed by virgins on a full moon night. This secret process gives the sand those euphoric hifi qualities.

Typically 1 Kg of sand costs Rs 25000 + taxes. Double virgin version costs Rs 65000 per Kg. Sand tech , the world leader in Audiophile sand has a Nirvana variety of sand costing Rs 2,00,000 per Kg and believe me , there is a long waiting list for this sand.

Of course , you must have a very revealing system to hear the difference.

(Just kidding!)

yeh suhas cracked all of us regularly

i think suri's taken the inititative now

Hi Magma,
Well I'm a newbie here, so hi to all members of this incredibly interesting forum..
Do you ship to kolkata as well?
BTW, i am planning to place my Polk Audio RTi A3s on the stands( dimensions HXWXD = 18"X8.5"X14", weight per speaker 19.3 kg ).
Could you mail to me the catalogue or dimensions and specs of viable speaker stands made by you and total cost of a pair of stands including shipping to kolkata @ [email protected]?
Approx height of stands should be approx 600 mm.
Thanks again for your painstaking work...

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back