DNM New Cube Satellites

efernand1

Hi All

Greetings of the day.

DNM has launched new Double Cube speakers which are similar to BOSE Jewel Cubes ....these feature a 2 inch driver in a metallic cabinet.

P Audio had launched a similar cubes almost 10 years back HT 200s which were 2.5 inch drivers 4 ohms and rated at 15-25 W rms

For those who can't afford Bose Jewel cubes and want to have something like them can go for these. Each Double cube cost Rs 3000. Guess if you purchase in bulk quantity, you may get it for less.

I auditioned them at Dev Pro Sales (Lamington Road) Mumbai and the sound was well balanced...the cubes delivered mid bass and decent highs...

Those seeking budget entry level speakers for a small space can purchase these cubes and a good powered woofer....DNM too also has some good products.. see their website...

DNM enterprise | DNM Audio | DNM product | DNM Audio product | dilip bajaj | audio equipment | Audio Dealer in mumbai | Audio Dealer in andheri | Audio Dealer in india | sound equipment | speakers | Graphic Equalizers | Amplifiers | Audio Card Reader

Hope this helps....Best Regards

Last edited:
Hi All

Greetings of the day.

DNM has launched new Double Cube speakers which are similar to BOSE Jewel Cubes ....these feature a 2 inch driver in a metallic cabinet.

P Audio had launched a similar cubes almost 10 years back HT 200s which were 2.5 inch drivers 4 ohms and rated at 15-25 W rms

For those who can't afford Bose Jewel cubes and want to have something like them can go for these. Each Double cube cost Rs 3000. Guess if you purchase in bulk quantity, you may get it for less.

I auditioned them at Dev Pro Sales (Lamington Road) Mumbai and the sound was well balanced...the cubes delivered mid bass and decent highs...

Those seeking budget entry level speakers for a small space can purchase these cubes and a good powered woofer....DNM too also has some good products.. see their website...

DNM enterprise | DNM Audio | DNM product | DNM Audio product | dilip bajaj | audio equipment | Audio Dealer in mumbai | Audio Dealer in andheri | Audio Dealer in india | sound equipment | speakers | Graphic Equalizers | Amplifiers | Audio Card Reader

Good to know that they started making these double cube speakers by the way i have a space sm10x speaker package which does look identical to these satellites. Also the subwoofer metioned is similar to the space sm10x: link for it is here Product1

Hi All

Greetings of the day.

So???
It seems you are fresh in market

For last 20 years Many brandsare making theese "Bose Copies"

As Bose sounds lousy in fact sometimesthes speakers sound better

The brands I remember are

Cosmic
Sanen
Pace
Space
Panda
DNM
J&B

I am sure there are more...

adding "ELTAX" to the list
I too using Space SM-10X with my AVR
my limitation is 6 doors in the setup room, its a passage room in the first floor
using bookshelfs as surrounds obstructs the free movement

Last edited:
Also SMD Audio

1926071_10151919611215703_1651582029_o.jpg

So???
It seems you are fresh in market

For last 20 years Many brandsare making theese "Bose Copies"

As Bose sounds lousy in fact sometimesthes speakers sound better

The brands I remember are

Cosmic
Sanen
Pace
Space
Panda
DNM
J&B

I am sure there are more...

Almost forgot about the existance of Sanen and Panda

Last edited:
any recommended connection method to avoid the wired through sub of the space sm-10x
meant to connect it directly to the speaker outputs of avr and use a powered active sub instead
any low frequency filter available to do so
----------------------------------------
I have these systems
marantz avr sr4600
space sm-10x 5.1 speaker system with passive or wired through sub
marantz SW6000 active sub woofer

Attachments

• 20140210_221sf116.jpg
    20140210_221sf116.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 155
any recommended connection method to avoid the wired through sub of the space sm-10x
meant to connect it directly to the speaker outputs of avr and use a powered active sub instead
any low frequency filter available to do so
----------------------------------------
I have these systems
marantz avr sr4600
space sm-10x 5.1 speaker system with passive or wired through sub
marantz SW6000 active sub woofer

will you please show photographs of speaker connections at subwoofer

For those who think they know everything in the local market, I am well aware of the brands like Panda Audio, SPACE audio and others who copy the BOSE design of cubes....the difference in the DNM cubes is that it can be DIRECTLY connected to the AVR / Integrated amplifier....I auditioned the same at Dev Pro Sales....The other difference is that these are SMALLER than the SPACE Audio or PANDA audio cubes that are available today.

Now if there are doubting members with concerns on the truthfulness of these satellites, they can visit the DNM website and shoot a mail to the proprietor and get clarified to their heart's content........

I remember reading some good feedback about D&M who presented their bookshelves in one of the Mumbai meet. I guess these kind of satellites can definitely be evaluated by someone who is prohibitively constrained for space when it comes to rear surrounds.

I believe that I have auditioned a single cube sat speaker from DNM. It was quite heavy and well built for it's puny size. IIRC, it was a 3" single drive unit. It sounded good.

Hi All

Greetings of the day.

For those who think they know everything in the local market, I am well aware of the brands like Panda Audio, SPACE audio and others who copy the BOSE design of cubes....the difference in the DNM cubes is that it can be DIRECTLY connected to the AVR / Integrated amplifier....I auditioned the same at Dev Pro Sales....The other difference is that these are SMALLER than the SPACE Audio or PANDA audio cubes that are available today.

Now if there are doubting members with concerns on the truthfulness of these satellites, they can visit the DNM website and shoot a mail to the proprietor and get clarified to their heart's content........

OLD NEWS AGAIN

Is connecting directly is such a great feature YOU HAVE NOT mentioned in your original post.....:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Again BOSE ARE CONNECTED THROUGH SATELLITES using it's crossover - if these are DIFFERENT then how come these are replacement of Bose ??? I am missing something????

Again I lack confidence like you - need to be doubly sure but Sanen . Space , Pace and Possibly Panda also can be connected directly to amp......

Why contact DNM as stranger??? Research some old posts - There was a Mumbai HFV meet where I was arranger Dilip Bajaj of DNM was there in person as key exhibitor...... :cool::cool: and I directed couple of architectural installation queries to him ,so he is no stranger . Again I say I am not against DNM , for the price he is charging his products are fantastic VFM . For installation he is having portfolio of reliable ( which is more important) and VFM products....

@hemantwaghe
pict. posted

@Sajith

Yours are Copy of old Bose AM 10 Series 1/2 . this was without powered subwoofer.Please confirm that your sub is passive

On net you can find articles about design philosophy of BOSE - and If I am not mistaken subwoofer is part of speaker and handles midrange too ... in fact with very small drivers ( one , two or three 6 Inch drivers ) it is not true sub..

With all is tech mumbo Jumbo I can suggest

1) Connect an active sub to sub out . All satellites connect THROUGH passive sub , in all there are 2 subs - spekers settings IMHO - all speakers Big . Sub Yes - Try different crossover freq for sub and find best settings

2) I am sure that your space can be used directly with amp. Please re confirm with manufacturer ( on their site contact us page is dead) If that is the case you can connect directly , ditch space sub - have a new Active sub.Ampp setting IMHO - speakers Small Sub Yes

IMHO in setting 2 there will be frequency hole - ie some frequencies will not be covered esp. of midrange.

HFV experts your views please

why blame d n m or for that matter any indian company, copying bose? i think almost all international brands came out with the cube speakers or small speakers with a seperate subwoofer ..which i believe bose were the pioneers to this kind of a system.

Last edited:
why blame d n m or for that matter any indian company, copying bose? i think almost all international brands came out with the cube speakers or small speakers with a seperate subwoofer ..which i believe bose were the pioneers to this kind of a system.

not Bose
another marketing hype by Bose

it was M&K

MK Sound | Professional Loudspeakers | Home Loudspeakers | Home Theater Sound Systems

Kreisel Sound Timeline

Bose Acostimass Sat Sub was introduced in 1987

Bose speaker packages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back