DNM New Cube Satellites

The idea of this thread was to provide information to those who would like to own jewel type cubes similar to Bose and enjoy the experience..without creating the unnecessary dent in their wallets! I have used P Audio HT 200 satellites which were 2 1/2 inch full range drivers....I have seen Panda Audio cubes (Deepak Chaudhary) and also Space Audio....most of their cubes have 3 inch or 2 1/2 inch full range drivers...none are as small as the jewel cubes...which house 2 inch drivers...

Well DNM has done a neat job in terms of producing cubes which has 2 inch drivers and yes can be connected DIRECTLY to the amp / AVR which is useful....you have the liberty then to select a good active subwoofer (sub out).

I am aware of Bose cubes ....be it Acoustic mass series or Jewel cubes which are dependant on the subwoofer and cannot work without them.....We have tried experiments to run them directly...speakers are speakers but they honestly sounded crap......as they lacked the required equalisation....

Telome has the Nano series of cubes which also have 2 inch drivers and they have copied the Bose Jewel design quite well. I did audition them in Mumbai .....hearing and watching content I carried along with me and was pretty impressed with the performance and output. They were running on a Yamaha RX V475 with Pioneer BDP 450 Blu Ray player along with active powered subwoofer....

Ofcourse it is known fact that in a sub sat system there would be some loss of frequencies (mids mostly) ..but guess that is the price one has to pay if he / she wants to own speakers which have an elegant appearance and decent performance...

The Telomes are more expensive than the DNMs...but honestly given a choice between DNM and Telome Nano's, I would go in for the Telome's as the rated output is 5 times more than the DNMs..the moulded plastic finish looks more impressive and better to mount near the LED TV or specific corners of the Living room etc...

It all depends on one's expectations and budget...all 5 fingers are not the same, everyone has their choices and would go to the limitless extent of technology and technicalities to fulfil true audiophile bliss.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back