• 04.wav

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • All are same sounding

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Hard to tell due to minute difference in SQ

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You have beautifully quoted two vital points. Another point I want to add. Not everyone's' auditory perception is the same. That's a fun side of this test. These parameters cannot be controlled. Hence, the test result might depict a real-world scenario.

If everyone’s having the same findings then it’s still a good test, as it would mean the differences are indeed there. But if it’s not, then we may have to try out a session with different people on the same system to see if that was making things ambigous.

But if it’s not, then we may have to try out a session with different people on the same system to see if that was making things ambigous.
Actually that was planned. I am a part of the Kolkata based audiophile group. We regularly meet in someone house to listen and discuss music. There was a rough plan to conduct this test in any audio meet. But lockdown prevented this activity. Recently over a video call meeting between us, some of our members raised this topic. So I thought why not post it here in hfv directly? It may depict a bigger picture. So I did.

The following thread describes about the birth of this test a little.

I come away with the realization that as long as I get to enjoy the beauty of the music, nothing else matters!
Very painstaking and thought provoking approach Anirban, my thanks for getting this done.

The best way to just enjoy music in an audiophile way is to get one system which ticks majority of your boxes and stop looking into internet or stores about new gear until the current one breaks down.

Internet had sold me things I would have never thought I needed in my life ever!

I come away with the realization that as long as I get to enjoy the beauty of the music, nothing else matters!
Very painstaking and thought provoking approach Anirban, my thanks for getting this done.
Thnks bro. Please cast your vote in the poll if you wish

The best way to just enjoy music in an audiophile way is to get one system which ticks majority of your boxes and stop looking into internet or stores about new gear until the current one breaks down.

Internet had sold me things I would have never thought I needed in my life ever!
That makes a whole lot of sense.....you would think it would be easy to reach this point but till we walk the journey, we do not learn the lessons of the road!

I believe we should request all the members who casted the options against a specific file should explain their point of view.
I also vouch for this. When the poll ends, if the participants of the poll could explain their choice of the poll, it would enrich our knowledge.

I also vouch for this. When the poll ends, if the participants of the poll could explain their choice of the poll, it would enrich our knowledge.

Yes Anirban, would agree with that. Since the option" Hard to tell due to minute SQ differences" amounts to sounding the same unless explained what are those differences specifically.

Anirban, awaiting the disclosure of which file corresponded to which copy!

Anirban...
tenor.gif

I think at first we should let the ones who voted against a individual file should explain briefly what made them pick up their choice. Then the results should be declared

I think at first we should let the ones who voted against a individual file should explain briefly what made them pick up their choice. Then the results should be declared

That wasn’t laid down when the poll went live. So it’d be like changing the contract unilaterally. And you don’t want me to elucidate why I selected a particular sample as best-sounding to only realise later it was the 10th copy! :D

As the lion's share of the votes went to the last two options, we can come to one convincing conclusion that aural difference between the samples are nil or negligible for all practical purposes.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back