Do Ladies like Hi-Fi ?

BLASTO

Hi, First of all, this post is not to offend any ladies in this forum (If any :D ). I have this doubt for a long time.

Everytime Iam planning to buy an A/V receiver, speaker, TV, Music system etc, I get stern looks from the ladies in the house.. :eek:hyeah:

Not to say that they don't enjoy it 'after' it is bought, but there is definite resistance in the begining.

Also, I have noticed complete lack of interest in the auditioning.. :sad: Apparently everything looks/sounds same to them. Or they have something better to do!

If given a choice, I can with much authority say they select the lowest cost one from the list and are pretty happy about it.. They have only one dilemma.. Whether to go for sony or not as it is costly ;) Also apparently all sony models look the same to them..

When querried, The answer was, Why are you looking inch by inch? The PQ/SQ doesn't matter in the long run.. Only reliability.. It is like when you bought the bike looking at mileage, Now do you not drive it because mileage decreased? :eek:

Do anyone else have the problem?? Are ladies 'like this only'? :rolleyes: Do you know ladies who think otherwise?

Do anyone else have the problem?? Are ladies 'like this only'? :rolleyes: Do you know ladies who think otherwise?

Well generally what you described seems to be the rule but there's one girl I know, to whom it was asked if a certain pair of speakers seemed too big or too ugly to be in the living room. The answer was "Who cares as long as it sounds good!". Needless to add, I'm planning to do the needful...

I have known quite a few women who like entry level hifi. They actually enjoy it once they are exposed to them. I used to have wharfedale diamond 8.4 speakers and a Nad amp some years back. Most of my women friends used to love them a lot. But anything beyond entry level and they are very confused and resist it. There are very very few women for whom accurate reproduction of sound is important. Women are mostly music lovers and not audiophiles. If it is fun and reasonably priced, they will love it.

Once men start spending more time with hifi, they start looking at hifi as competition. Do it at your own peril !:eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
Dont try to predict them.

My wife bought herself a Zen Estilo because it is small, nice looking and convenient. Now she has taken a liking to Honda Civic.

Cant beat this logic, i could probably fit the estilo into the Civic.

genetic or hormonal factors i believe make females to
resist building attachment to some complicated AV
gear ,
i have seen most of them dont want to complicate things
for a simple task as listening to music.

Normally such technology understanding and dealing
with gadgets are done only when un- avoidable like
in job or or a part of engineering curriculum.

However i have come across some frenz fren who used to
fix TAPE mechanism herself:eek:.

Wonderful topic.I always wanted to start this topic a long time back..I had seen fellow forum members saying they went along with their wife for auditioning etc...In my case I never ever can dream of such a situation. She is totally allergic to hi-fi and don't like me spending for this. Every new item which I buy is bought into the house when she is not there.If she finds out that the item is new one, I will say a very very reduced price for escaping from the situation...99 percent of my friend's cases are also like this. I am so longing to see a hi-fi enthusiast female.

Hi, First of all, this post is not to offend any ladies in this forum (If any :D ). I have this doubt for a long time.

Everytime Iam planning to buy an A/V receiver, speaker, TV, Music system etc, I get stern looks from the ladies in the house.. :eek:hyeah:

Not to say that they don't enjoy it 'after' it is bought, but there is definite resistance in the begining.

Also, I have noticed complete lack of interest in the auditioning.. :sad: Apparently everything looks/sounds same to them. Or they have something better to do!

If given a choice, I can with much authority say they select the lowest cost one from the list and are pretty happy about it.. They have only one dilemma.. Whether to go for sony or not as it is costly ;) Also apparently all sony models look the same to them..

When querried, The answer was, Why are you looking inch by inch? The PQ/SQ doesn't matter in the long run.. Only reliability.. It is like when you bought the bike looking at mileage, Now do you not drive it because mileage decreased? :eek:

Not me :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::yahoo:

to be honest never bother to check with the 3 ladies in my life ( That is Mom,wife and daughter!)

My 2 yrs daugher is showing some interest ,ie to fiddle with swiches and trying to destroy the speakers!!

Very few ,say 2% will like audiophile quality sound.Rest do like music coming from any equipment...:eek:hyeah:

I am so longing to see a hi-fi enthusiast female.

of course, one day you will come across such a female, and who (god forbid) will be good-looking and (OMG) have a high paying job and one who (this is getting too much) likes dogs.

well then srenjith, this is what will happen - you will have eyes only for her and your wife will get very upset and after that, your morning coffee, your breakfast, your lunch will not be so good anymore!

just joking, but hope you never come across such a female - might be fatal attraction!:)

I think a woman will almost certainly like your hifi if you still have money to spend on her after you've spent on your Hifi gear. If its going to mean cutting down on weekend dinners or denying her a gift she's badly waiting to be gifted, she may begin giving your gear hateful sidelong glances :D

Cheers

Many a times women replaces the speaker system and play
vocals .. this time treble is enhanced, helps the male member to remember the error the he made recently ;)

My wife says that our house is always sounding as a hotel.

She likes the dull form of entertainment the idiot box. Now I wanted new pair of speakers so I tried to pacify her with an LCD and failed.

Now if a new speaker comes in for sure I'll be out of my house so I struck a deal with her with allows me to buy speakers and in return I shall buy her a car.

--
Bryston + B&W

Very few ,say 2% will like audiophile quality sound.Rest do like music coming from any equipment...:eek:hyeah:

2% - So High :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:
Frow where you got this number?????
I mean have you met any of this 2% lads? I never saw any lady discussing relative merits of tubes over solid state class a or vinyl over sacd?

You probably visit many shops so anytime you come across a lady who is buying complicated hi fi gear with enthusiasm????

2% - So High :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:
Frow where you got this number?????
I mean have you met any of this 2% lads? I never saw any lady discussing relative merits of tubes over solid state class a or vinyl over sacd?

You probably visit many shops so anytime you come across a lady who is buying complicated hi fi gear with enthusiasm????

Oh women love tubes allright! ;) As far as they are concerned, it does not merit further discussion so you will never hear them discuss it :D

Cheers

My wife says that our house is always sounding as a hotel.

She likes the dull form of entertainment the idiot box. Now I wanted new pair of speakers so I tried to pacify her with an LCD and failed.

Now if a new speaker comes in for sure I'll be out of my house so I struck a deal with her with allows me to buy speakers and in return I shall buy her a car.

--
Bryston + B&W

Which LCD you bought?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back