Do Ladies like Hi-Fi ?

+1 to Unleash, thats exactly how mine is. She enjoys music, brings that laymen perspective and ensures I dont over spend for whats not required.

But she does lack patience a little, I am waiting for select my Amp and Speakers but she wants them next week even if that means i spend 5k more :)

So Mbr, Unleash etc seem to be luckier of the lot when it comes to soulmates approving of hi fi.
As of now, thankfully, life is very simple, I am single!:yahoo:
I can listen to whatever music at my preferred volume.I ve got speaker wires and headphones running all over the place, I couldnt care less:D

you lucky lucky man!

So Mbr, Unleash etc seem to be luckier of the lot when it comes to soulmates approving of hi fi.
I can listen to whatever music at my preferred volume.I ve got speaker wires and headphones running all over the place, I couldnt care less:D

you be a bachelor boy, and that's the way to stay,
you be a bachelor boy, until your dyin' day!

yeah, and if you do take the plunge, stay away from the pretty ones - disaster.

marry the not-so-pretty sister - this one will be better adjusted and your children will have access to the same gene pool.

Tip: Dont take home delivery. Pick it up from the dealers, unpack and re-wrap the equipment in silk sarees, then box pack like original. Maybe then wifey will begin pestering every few years - "when are upgrading your hi-fi? Aren't you bored with the same sound?" ... :)

Cheers

the_fox_and_the_grapes3.jpg

Because what if i'm 60 years old and not married,
all alone in a furnished room with pee stains on my underwear
and everybody else is married! All the universe married but me...
-excerpted from 'Marriage' by Gregory Corso

Because what if i'm 60 years old and not married,
all alone in a furnished room with pee stains on my underwear
and everybody else is married! All the universe married but me...
-excerpted from 'Marriage' by Gregory Corso

a small price to pay for.....................................:)

marry the not-so-pretty sister - this one will be better adjusted and your children will have access to the same gene pool.

Your honor, I strongly, vehemently appose that statement. I have a very pretty wife who is very pretty in handling tangled wires, managing the cable jungle, setting up PV8 etc

So its not all pretty ones are bad, may be the best pretty girls are taken already taken by guys like unleash and me when you were scouting for the other gene ;) ;) ;)

My mom never had any kind of interest when i kept saying that,we shall replace the CRT with a latest LCD,since she did not see the technology.Once i showed here the LCDs and plasmas in a showroom,she was blown away and now she wants me buy the bigger ones like the 42"+ models. So my point is,once women start seeing and enjoying it,i am sure they would like them,but they will not get obsessed with them like we are.

yeah, and if you do take the plunge, stay away from the pretty ones - disaster.

whats wrong with the pretty ones BTW :rolleyes: ?

Your honor, I strongly, vehemently appose that statement. I have a very pretty wife who is very pretty in handling tangled wires, managing the cable jungle, setting up PV8 etc

So its not all pretty ones are bad, may be the best pretty girls are taken already taken by guys like unleash and me when you were scouting for the other gene ;) ;) ;)

and i bet you are showing her your post, holding her tight, and waiting for the kiss?:)

ah!, the joys of being married to a kindred soul!

Last edited:
I had a lot to say on this subject but when I went through the thread, others had already said it all.
In summary:
1. My wife likes music but to her, a small portable radio cassette player and a Hifi system sound essentially the same.
2. When buying anything equipment, Hifi or otherwise, it should seamlessly fit into the aesthetics and decor of the place. Speakers must be chosen based on how they look and not how they sound. (naturally - because they all sound the same anyway.)
3. Anything more expensive than a small portable radio-cassette player is wasteful expenditure.
4. Wires are horrible, ugly beasts.

Hi, First of all, this post is not to offend any ladies in this forum (If any :D ). I have this doubt for a long time.

Everytime Iam planning to buy an A/V receiver, speaker, TV, Music system etc, I get stern looks from the ladies in the house.. :eek:hyeah:

Not to say that they don't enjoy it 'after' it is bought, but there is definite resistance in the begining.

Also, I have noticed complete lack of interest in the auditioning.. :sad: Apparently everything looks/sounds same to them. Or they have something better to do!

If given a choice, I can with much authority say they select the lowest cost one from the list and are pretty happy about it.. They have only one dilemma.. Whether to go for sony or not as it is costly ;) Also apparently all sony models look the same to them..

When querried, The answer was, Why are you looking inch by inch? The PQ/SQ doesn't matter in the long run.. Only reliability.. It is like when you bought the bike looking at mileage, Now do you not drive it because mileage decreased? :eek:

Do anyone else have the problem?? Are ladies 'like this only'? :rolleyes: Do you know ladies who think otherwise?

I would like to share a story...its like this..i got married thru arranged marriage..maybe bcoz i found speakers/amps to be more sexier and curvier than gurlz around:lol::lol: and after some months of my marriage my friend wanted to buy a set of speakers for his yahama model which he got it from US, we went to a hi-fi shop and by grace of god i took my wife with us. She tried to understand few things or may be trying to look interested and after some time, i guess after 10 mins she started asking if we are done. After every 3-4 mins the question is getting repeated. after half an hour, my friend has not decided which one to go...i gave 10 mins more and said bro if we are not outside this shop in 10 mins we will sitting in lawyer's ofc next week :mad::mad:
Thankfully he took just 5 more mins...and then by another grace of god...:yahoo::yahoo: the sales put on a horror clip which she enjoyed it...

now i have a good collection of horror movies..:yahoo::yahoo: which i play if i got to bring in a souten(hi-fi system) topic :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah: and then gift her a showpiece /jwellery from a shop she chooses

Thank god...she doesn't subscribe to this forum..and now she is calling for some errand and I better got to run now..

and MBR, since your wife is a beautiful woman, i must needs direct your attention to a popular song (by Lionel Richie?) which goes like this -

"When you are in love with a beautiful woman, you better watch your friends............

regards

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back