Do Ladies like Hi-Fi ?

Thanks to BLASTO for starting this thread ... We guys are really having a BLAST :yahoo:

By the way, a surprising & a nice to hear news from my end ..... Yesterday night I was going through this thread and I never dreamt that something will happen the very next day itself. I don't know whether to term it as a coincidence or a thread that brought good luck for me :)

Today a 25 year old girl who works for an MNC, bought a Harman Kardon PM655 stereo amplifier & a Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 bookshelf speakers from me and her source is a laptop. The cables are Bandridge Profi-Gold Interconnects & Bandridge 14AWG speaker cables. I will be giving her a pair of speaker stands for the bookshelves, a V-Guard digital stabilizer & a high quality Spike-Buster shortly. I just returned home after installing at her flat and I am posting this reply. Glad to announce the first female hi-fi audio enthusiast & hopefully future audiophile :D

Cheers,
Ramesh @ Bangalore

Thanks to BLASTO for starting this thread ... We guys are really having a BLAST :yahoo:

By the way, a surprising & a nice to hear news from my end ..... Yesterday night I was going through this thread and I never dreamt that something will happen the very next day itself. I don't know whether to term it as a coincidence or a thread that brought good luck for me :)

Today a 25 year old girl who works for an MNC, bought a Harman Kardon PM655 stereo amplifier & a Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 bookshelf speakers from me and her source is a laptop. The cables are Bandridge Profi-Gold Interconnects & Bandridge 14AWG speaker cables. I will be giving her a pair of speaker stands for the bookshelves, a V-Guard digital stabilizer & a high quality Spike-Buster shortly. I just returned home after installing at her flat and I am posting this reply. Glad to announce the first female hi-fi audio enthusiast & hopefully future audiophile :D

Cheers,
Ramesh @ Bangalore

Hifipal4all, Did you tell her about hifivison?:p

All, lots of action on this thread while I was away for a movie!

Cheers,
Ramesh @ Bangalore

Great Ramesh, invite her to join HFV and point her to this thread (if she isn't already a member that is). Would be nice to hear her views.

...Or your better half who is peeping into this thread?? ;)

I only wish. But while I could get her interested in Hifi systems, I could never really get her interested in Hifivision. In fact she gets irritated the moment anybody mentions Hifivision. Probably a function of the time I spend with the forum:)

and the husband always fields at silly point!

You forgot to mention - without a helmet or an abdomen guard.

Hi Guys & girls:D
There are at least three women on HFV and one is rather cute:p Now am not saying more.
Obviously they are not active but we will surely get some fiesty retorts very soon.
Well IMO women do like 'good sound' but they wont do too much about it!!!!! My wife, neice, cousin and some female friends like their music and like it to sound nice( who wouldn't) but they wont do the spade work. They wont spend as much as some of us do as i guess their priorities are a little 'different'.
Its hilarious reading some of the posts on this thread. Helium if i were u i would have a fleet of cars by now!!!!!!Imagine buying the wife a car JUST to get her to agree on your upgrade!!!
Time to head to the nearest fire temple and thank god for an understanding wife!
Rgds

We had this great girl in college who was completely happy go lucky. She did marketing major and decided to join Wipro to sell IT equipment.

A few days into her induction, her womanly instincts overpowered her and she congratulated the tech guys for building such a sweet looking printer. After a hushed silence came the reply - Mam, thats a server you are looking at.

Another one who asked our friendly xerox guy who used to provide copies of classroom notes - Can you xerox hindi pages also.

Incredibly, both of them did far better in business than many who understood technology.

We had this great girl in college who was completely happy go lucky. She did marketing major and decided to join Wipro to sell IT equipment.

A few days into her induction, her womanly instincts overpowered her and she congratulated the tech guys for building such a sweet looking printer. After a hushed silence came the reply - Mam, thats a server you are looking at.

Another one who asked our friendly xerox guy who used to provide copies of classroom notes - Can you xerox hindi pages also.

Incredibly, both of them did far better in business than many who understood technology.

Lovely anecdotes! Enjoyed this completely. Why am I having no trouble believing this though? It is only those who are not shy about announcing their lack of knowledge that I have seen come up in life very fast. It is also a fairly non-Indian quality, I guess.

Today a 25 year old girl who works for an MNC, bought a Harman Kardon PM655 stereo amplifier & a Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 bookshelf speakers from me and her source is a laptop. The cables are Bandridge Profi-Gold Interconnects & Bandridge 14AWG speaker cables. I will be giving her a pair of speaker stands for the bookshelves, a V-Guard digital stabilizer & a high quality Spike-Buster shortly.Cheers,
Ramesh @ Bangalore

obviously Ramesh, this personable young woman is no audiophile.

else, she would have asked for an outboard DAC. (OOps! has she already?):)

And the award for the fastest growing thread of the year goes to..........
:clapping:
BLASTO
:cheers:

Why is it incredible?? :D ;)
It is because, world is full of people who don't know anything about technology.. :p

I remember the episode in "IT Crowd" serial where 'jen' gets employee of the month and doesn't know what to talk in her "employee of the month talk"..

You have to look at it to laugh your heart out.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The best 6 minutes you'll have..

YouTube - The IT Crowd - The Internet

This page has some interesting lines StereoLADY ... audio systems for women.
Kaushik, Actually didn't bother to read further after seeing "PINK" :eek: Speaker on first page.
So it seems Hifi for women is - conversation starter and making boys jealous
--- Typical :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back