Do Ladies like Hi-Fi ?

Blasto, you are probably right?

But I do see members with names like girl21, strange to see guys who would keep names like that.

Maybe wives spying on husbands spending plan, budget, economic intelligence to help arm-twist that diamond necklace out of them ... :D

Cheers

This is a true story,

My friend bought a Wharfedale HTIB with Onkyo reciever last year.

Then, they kept it for 6 months without installing due to some apparent phobia.

Once, while on a visit there, his wife asked me (My secret hobby is electronics) whether I could just connect the AVR for the time being and leave the speakers for later.

Though I was laughing my head off I was amused at the request.

After the System was connected a few months later, I asked my friends wife to play a demo cd.

She looked all over the AVR and asked me where to insert the CD into the reciever.

When I specified the DVD player, She looked at me as if if she had been the one to invent the Onkyo AVR, then it would definitely have included a DVD player builtin.

Now, a year after Installation, it sems as if it is the most natural thing in the world to have a HT

Hope I did not anoy anybody..

Subcenter2009

We can afford to risk investing in imported audio equipment.
Because we can always replace damaged items.

Beware, those who marry foreign wives.

They will work alright in the beginning.

Then we will bring them home..for some time, things will be alright..

Then they may break down and we won't be able to get parts for them.

Bear that in mind, folks:D

3908426730_9d8454bd9f.jpg

Jokes cannot be all politically correct c'mon. You have to be "incorrect" to sound humorous .. :)

Cheers

That's a good one Kaushik :lol:
I think This is simple RC filter circuit. A high pass filter or low pass filter circuit.
Any idea how to supply voltage ?

Last edited:
Hi, First of all, this post is not to offend any ladies in this forum (If any :D ). I have this doubt for a long time.

Everytime Iam planning to buy an A/V receiver, speaker, TV, Music system etc, I get stern looks from the ladies in the house.. :eek:hyeah:

Not to say that they don't enjoy it 'after' it is bought, but there is definite resistance in the begining.

Also, I have noticed complete lack of interest in the auditioning.. :sad: Apparently everything looks/sounds same to them. Or they have something better to do!

If given a choice, I can with much authority say they select the lowest cost one from the list and are pretty happy about it.. They have only one dilemma.. Whether to go for sony or not as it is costly ;) Also apparently all sony models look the same to them..

When querried, The answer was, Why are you looking inch by inch? The PQ/SQ doesn't matter in the long run.. Only reliability.. It is like when you bought the bike looking at mileage, Now do you not drive it because mileage decreased? :eek:

Do anyone else have the problem?? Are ladies 'like this only'? :rolleyes: Do you know ladies who think otherwise?
Hi, 1. Ladies normally don't like hi fi they don't know and they don't want to know abou it. 2. buy a Plasma Or Lcd 42 inch they will be damn happy they can sit and watch crap Peep show like big boss with cinema scope other junk like balika vadu,CID Etc. Surely when you switch on your HI Fi they can't watch these crap. ???!!!

Hi, 1. Ladies normally don't like hi fi they don't know and they don't want to know abou it. 2. buy a Plasma Or Lcd 42 inch they will be damn happy they can sit and watch crap Peep show like big boss with cinema scope other junk like balika vadu,CID Etc. Surely when you switch on your HI Fi they can't watch these crap. ???!!!

I exactly agree with you...At my home my sis keeps watching those crap saas bahu and dumbest serials(bidai in star plus) in my LG 42LH90QR and i keep cursing myself for getting de TV to watch dat crap:lol:

The advent of Video/DTH and Crap TV Serials have poorly effected our True Hi Fi hobbypeople these days spent so much on buying Home Theaters and TVs but not true hi fi separates.its truly sad.:sad:

Don't even get me stated on junky junk reality shows like "rakhi ka swayamvar"..
Man.. My poor TV.. :(

Hi Blasto,
I have been an audiophile these past 40 years.
I have a dedicated listening room.
My equipment is very very decent. My sound is also very "REAL, & CLOSE TO THE ORIGINAL". But my wife dislikes the idea of be seated listening to music and not doing anything else.I do it for 2 to 3 hours a day 5 days a week.
I know a lot of people who would love to spend time at my house, because i have a huge jazz collection, but I dont encourage it as I am a serious listener.
But u r right women audiophiles may be 5 in 1000.
You Bought Up A Very Interesting Topic.
Suresh Lalwani

Hi, First of all, this post is not to offend any ladies in this forum (If any :D ). I have this doubt for a long time.

Everytime Iam planning to buy an A/V receiver, speaker, TV, Music system etc, I get stern looks from the ladies in the house.. :eek:hyeah:

Not to say that they don't enjoy it 'after' it is bought, but there is definite resistance in the begining.

Also, I have noticed complete lack of interest in the auditioning.. :sad: Apparently everything looks/sounds same to them. Or they have something better to do!

If given a choice, I can with much authority say they select the lowest cost one from the list and are pretty happy about it.. They have only one dilemma.. Whether to go for sony or not as it is costly ;) Also apparently all sony models look the same to them..

When querried, The answer was, Why are you looking inch by inch? The PQ/SQ doesn't matter in the long run.. Only reliability.. It is like when you bought the bike looking at mileage, Now do you not drive it because mileage decreased? :eek:

Do anyone else have the problem?? Are ladies 'like this only'? :rolleyes: Do you know ladies who think otherwise?

This is one reason why I stayed away from getting the big screen plasma. It would end up having a saas-bahu / some swayamvar / bandhini / geet / blah blah burn-in on the screen ......

Am a bit lucky on the music front, since the AVR zone 2 feeds the music through an amp to a separate room for me to remain with my music, while the trio of ma wifey, 11 yr old daughter and a 3+ year old demon stay transfixed to a 29" CRT screen for the soap 'operas' belted out with gusto on a daily basis.

Wifey gets paranoid with my behaviour. Says, I am not spending too much time with family .... no sitting with ma kids .... no conversations .... only office and music. How am I to sit with them in front of an 'idiot' box and do any meaningful conversations ..... ?????

But u r right women audiophiles may be 5 in 1000.You Bought Up A Very Interesting Topic.
Suresh Lalwani

great balls of fire - women audiophiles do not exist!

woman audiophile - like one in a million!!! - and even then, most likely ardh-nari - like serena williams - we call them hijra!

no, feminine women are mostly to do with family values, children, an inclusive career, a pink world, 9 to 5 job, paranoia, screaming at all and sundry, and such past-times - but listening to music critically? _NOOOOOOO!!!!! - knowing how things work? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! - hey! - even those female vocalists and music performers - do not know whether they know how things work!!!

black and white - NO!

when you are in your listening room - listening (critically) to a fabulous jazz piece that you have waited for - when all is well with the world -

suddenly - your wife will barge in and expostulate (in your left ear - when you want to hear that upright bass just so....) - "what the @@@@ are you doing? - why can't you answer the phone? - stoopid @@@@@@@@@!!!!

and the purity of the moment floats for an ephemeral moment over your head, and is, then, lost for ever.

only to be captured when your woman decides to go on a meaningful holiday and leaves you at home to look after the affectionate doggies and the children!

regds suri

Last edited:
great balls of fire - women audiophiles do not exist!

woman audiophile - like one in a million!!! - and even then, most likely ardh-nari - like serena williams - we call them hijra!

no, feminine women are mostly to do with family values, children, an inclusive career, a pink world, 9 to 5 job, paranoia, screaming at all and sundry, and such past-times - but listening to music critically? _NOOOOOOO!!!!! - knowing how things work? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! - hey! - even those female vocalists and music performers - do not know whether they know how things work!!!

black and white - NO!

when you are in your listening room - listening (critically) to a fabulous jazz piece that you have waited for - when all is well with the world -

suddenly - your wife will barge in and expostulate (in your left ear - when you want to hear that upright bass just so....) - "what the @@@@ are you doing? - why can't you answer the phone? - stoopid @@@@@@@@@!!!!

and the purity of the moment floats for an ephemeral moment over your head, and is, then, lost for ever.

only to be captured when your woman decides to go on a meaningful holiday and leaves you at home to look after the affectionate doggies and the children!

regds suri

Suri, that sure reminds me of someone.:D

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back