Do Ladies like Hi-Fi ?

i actually do remember a female audiophile in singapore who had a cadence speaker for sale once :)

Kaushik, Actually didn't bother to read further after seeing "PINK" :eek: Speaker on first page.
So it seems Hifi for women is - conversation starter and making boys jealous
--- Typical :)

Yeah like talking about her "other" boyfriends in the presence of her current one ... :D

cheers

Read somewhere that women have better hearing than men, especially in the HF range....

But girls and gadgets of any kind don't gel well.....

Kaushik, Actually didn't bother to read further after seeing "PINK" :eek: Speaker on first page.
So it seems Hifi for women is - conversation starter and making boys jealous
--- Typical :)
that CEO was pointing to gadgets(!) women spend money other than audio..

my sister used to twist together the speaker wires long time back,and connect o speakers ... over the years she learnt from the mistake

@ramesh
tht girl will come for DAC , you know who makes DAC here;)

Last edited:
Woman%27s%20Guide%206.jpg

Get Turned On: A Woman's Guide to Purchasing Audio Gear

A good friend of mine - 'serious & quite a senior audiophile' for almost the last 2 decades is an aficionado of Audio Research electronics, i.e. Amps, Preamp & digital. Being curious, I asked him as to why does he stick to this particular brand when for that kind of money, he could look at numerous other options?

His reply was simple: He asked me if most of the Audio Research components by their front faceplate visual look somewhat similar? I said "yes, indeed" esp if they are all in Silver finish.

He said: my friend, how do you think I went from SP-9 to LS-3, then LS-16, then Ref-3 and similarly for the CDP and the power amps without my wife ever asking a question or complaining a thing on this hobby of mine? Because she couldn't ever figure out that new components were constantly being added as they all look the same. That's why I stick to Audio Research.
:lol:

Such products must be researched and discussed !! Thanks:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

She has to be one Audiophile to decipher what a member is saying amidst all that constant din in the Parliament.

Warm Regds / Shailender

Even then, she needs to bin those phones and get a pair of recabled AKG K702s, running out of a high-end DAC with a beefy SS amp. :eek:hyeah:

Look at all/most of the Audio Research Corp products from the archives to the current - all look more or less the same. The wife will almost never ask "when did that come?"

In the same lines, I wish plasmas look like CRTs to them.. :D

My new 42" plasma took the place of 29" CRT when wifey is camping inlaws house for this month.. :eek:hyeah:

Have to face her next month.. :rolleyes: :sad:

In the same lines, I wish plasmas look like CRTs to them.. :D

My new 42" plasma took the place of 29" CRT when wifey is camping inlaws house for this month.. :eek:hyeah:

Have to face her next month.. :rolleyes: :sad:

relax BLASTO, do what hemathwaghe does - BUY HER A NEW CAR, and pick her up from her parent's house in the new car:clapping:

This thread, though entertaining has subtly turned to a women bashing/ridiculing thread. I feel that it is high time mods end the thread.

Moderator, are you listening?

my wife, my sister, and my wife's sister have been ridiculing and bashing me for posting in this thread and another (http://www.hifivision.com/general-chit-chat/6881-do-you-wait-special-moment-life-7.html)

of course, i say to them "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me!"

but the coffee i get does not taste so good anymore, and the sambhar lacks the zing it had earlier.

So Mod - please end these woman bashing threads so that these agitated minds rest in meditative peace.:lol:

This thread, though entertaining has subtly turned to a women bashing/ridiculing thread. I feel that it is high time mods end the thread.
Oh, We respect women. infact we firmly believe without them there would be no audiophile or hifi enthusiast.
baby_headphone.jpg

The middle guy is not happy with frequency response. or is it a girl ? :)

obviously Ramesh, this personable young woman is no audiophile.

else, she would have asked for an outboard DAC. (OOps! has she already?):)

Well, still what is missing in her setup is a dedicated audio cd player. Hope someday I will make her understand how much difference it makes in SQ when a cd player is used as source in a stereo setup. Once she starts understanding the level of SQ then I can take her to the next step .....

Replace CDP with a Transport & a DAC.
Replace Integrated with a Pre/Power combo.
Quality branded interconnects & speaker cables etc .... etc.

BY the way, I want her to become an audiophile very soon so that she will start purchasing more expensive stuffs from me :p Just kidding pal :D

Cheers,
Ramesh @ Bangalore

Well, still what is missing in her setup is a dedicated audio cd player. Hope someday I will make her understand how much difference it makes in SQ when a cd player is used as source in a stereo setup. Once she starts understanding the level of SQ then I can take her to the next step .....

Replace CDP with a Transport & a DAC.
Replace Integrated with a Pre/Power combo.
Quality branded interconnects & speaker cables etc .... etc.

BY the way, I want her to become an audiophile very soon so that she will start purchasing more expensive stuffs from me :p Just kidding pal :D

Cheers,
Ramesh @ Bangalore

hi ramesh,

two years ago, siva (corrson) had a phillips transport for sale for about INR 15? 35? i do not remember.

but, if that personable girl (or I) needed to purchase a very good stand-alone transport - what would you suggest?

regards

edit - and what about the weakest link in the chain? - the loudspeakers - which would you recommend? - cost regardless?

Last edited:
I'm planning to buy the Velodyne SPL 1200R Sub & i've qouted the price as Rs45K to my wife.;)
I pray that she never comes to know the prices of all my audio gear.

All have been qouted at half price!!:D

Regards,

Francis

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back