Do we have enough media content to go for a 13.2 upgrade from 5.2.2 or 7.2?

Donivlapog

Like in TV, the pinnacle commercially viable as of now in screen size is 85" or in resolution is 8k UHD, in audio, it is 13.2 channel. But since we do not have enough content to fully output the speaker placements, do you think it is recommended even in future? Or like 8k, it is an overkill? Like buying snake oil for a fortune kind of analogy?

Last edited:
Like in TV, the pinnacle commercially viable as of now in screen size is 85" or in resolution is 8k UHD, in audio, it is 13.2 channel. But since we do not have enough content to fully output the speaker placements, do you think it is recommended even in future? Or like 8k, it is an overkill? Like buying snake oil for a fortune kind of analogy?
If ur watching a lot of Hollywood movies then definitely there are enough contents to upgrade to 13.2 provided if you have the room and budget. Most of the movies are atmos. Even if the movie has good 5.1 recording the avr or processor upmixer will do an excellent job. But for 13.2 you need a big room for proper speaker placement. Stuffing speakers for the sake of more channels in a small room won’t do any good.

If ur watching a lot of Hollywood movies then definitely there are enough contents to upgrade to 13.2 provided if you have the room and budget. Most of the movies are atmos. Even if the movie has good 5.1 recording the avr or processor upmixer will do an excellent job. But for 13.2 you need a big room for proper speaker placement. Stuffing speakers for the sake of more channels in a small room won’t do any good.
So the room size must be like 1000 sq.feet or more for 13.2?

For each configurations the speaker placements and angle is the most important factor.You can refer dolby guidelines.
Ok you saved me from the craving for upgrade in future. It simply is not going to fit into the scheme of things like my room size. But i can always upgrade to a 9.2 i suppose which woild be the final frontier.

Ok you saved me from the craving for upgrade in future. It simply is not going to fit into the scheme of things like my room size. But i can always upgrade to a 9.2 i suppose which woild be the final frontier.
Since you already have a 5.2 set up you can plan for 5.2.2.

i upgraded from 5.1 to 7.1 ( added rear surrounds, it felt like a big upgrade )
then i upgraded to 7.1.2 which felt like a very minor upgrade as the atmos channels were not that prominent and very few movies give a good feel of atmos channels

Edit: my HT room is very small 9.5 ft by 11 ft approx and height is about 9ft

I have a Samsung 8k 65" LED. Samsung’s 8K TVs uses AI upscaling to convert any video type (SD to 4K and everything in-between) into 8K resolution.

I have a Samsung 8k 65" LED. Samsung’s 8K TVs uses AI upscaling to convert any video type (SD to 4K and everything in-between) into 8K resolution.

The thing is the human eye cannot process more than a certain resolution. You can only gain viewing distance edge in 65" screens with 8k. 8k can be great for large screens though as pixels per inch increases (density). But this is a audio question. So i dont want to debate further on that topic.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back