Does it makes sense to buy a non working NAD C521 CD player for 1k INR?

Its passion/addiction rather than entertainment that must be on Vivek's mind. The "kick" he will get when this CDP starts working cant be explained. One has to experience it.

I have lost endless hours in trying to make a LCD projector using 7"LCD Screen and various light sources. I failed twice and lost about 10k or more. But I was the journey that extremely very enjoyable .

You are 200% right when you say this :):clapping:

When I was a kid (about 8-9 years), I had this queer passion. I used to hideously snug under the bed along with the household tape recorder or radio and used open it up, just to see how it works! It's a different story that whatever I touched upon never worked again ;) But I used to have this curiosity in me which used to give me that "kick". Fortunately, my Dad never scolded me for my (mis)deeds and rather encouraged me by always buying a replacement for the broken tape recorder or radio. This fun/passion/excitement slowly died away as I grew up.
But now with this CD player, I am feeling the same excitement again :yahoo:. I really don't care if the player works or not but I really want to enjoy the journey ;) However, the extreme excitement I will get if this player works, is priceless. No money can buy this.

Last edited:
Today Sharat (technician suggested by Sups) visited my place. He checked the player but he was not able to make out the model of the pickup lens. We searched on the net for the compatible lens and found that the lens used by the NAD C521i and C521BEE is SONY KSS 213C but we couldn't find anywhere the model number for the lens used in C521. He is saying that the SONY KSS 213C is the cheapest lens available and it is 16pin one. But the lens used in the C521 is 15pin. Anybody have any idea about the lens model for the C521 player (not the C521i or C521BEE).
I have contacted the NAD support but rather than telling me the model number, they directed me to their distributor in Mumbai. Below is the reply:

vivek saikia
2011-07-15 06:32 NAD C521 CD player not working
Hi,
I have this NAD C521 Cd palyer which is not operational now. The CD player is out of guarantee period now.
It has developed a fault with the CD mechanism. The CD is not rotating at all. I am thinking about replacing the lens assembly or the CD mechanism.
Could you please let me know the model number of the lens pickup and the mechanism used in this player?

Thanks & Regards,
Vivek

Pam Anderson
2011-07-15 10:41 re: NAD C521 CD player not working
Thank you for contacting the NAD Electronics Support Centre.

Please contact the NAD distributor for your country for further assistance with the availability and cost of the parts in question.

Lakozy Impex and Services
Showroom No 3, Lakozy Mansion
21 Chowpatty Seaface
Mumbai 400007, India

+91 22 23697001/02
+91 22 23698001 (fax)
[email protected]

Kind regards,

Pam Anderson

There was a post on diyaudio by Sangram (cranky) about this player.
It may be useful to check that belt.

NAD C521 Tray Problem - diyAudio

There is another guy from India (spotty91) who seems to be working
on this (unless he is the one who sold this item to you!) -

NAD C525BEE - "No Disc" Trouble Shooting Advice wanted - Page 2 - diyAudio

Thanks for the links quad. I have already gone through these posts. I have checked the belt and It seems to be working fine. More or less it is boiling down to the pickup lens only.
I have consulted two technicians and both said that it is because of the faulty pickup lens. I have given the player for repair to one of the technician. Let's see what he has to say about this.

Hi,

Just saw this thread today.I have one Pioneer TD 510 Cd player since 1 year.I bought it used.It was broken in transit.I gave it to a local electronics shop for repair,but that person lost the part of broken trey.Can anyone help me how to repair this.I think timing of tray is not proper.

Regards,
Sachin

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back