Dolby Atmos Speakers

ankushra89

Hi All,

I have Pioneer VSX-934 AV along with Monitor Audio Mass 5.1 setup. I am looking to get additional 2 speakers for Dolby Atmos and my budget is around 25K.
Can someone suggest decent speakers for Atmos purpose.

Hi All,

I have Pioneer VSX-934 AV along with Monitor Audio Mass 5.1 setup. I am looking to get additional 2 speakers for Dolby Atmos and my budget is around 25K.
Can someone suggest decent speakers for Atmos purpose.
wall mounted or in ceiling?

Monitor Audio in cieling pair, like new, with cut out template and paintable magnetic grille. Adjustable tweeter, within your budget.

I have finally got OWM3 and installed them; however, when I play a movie on Netfix on Firestick 3rd gen, I can see it shows Atmos (meaning that the particular movie supports Atmos) but I don't see Atmos on my AV i.e. Pioneer VSX-934 instead I see the DSUR which means "Dolby Audio - Surr".

I have already went into the Speaker Configuration and changed the speaker setup as 5.1.2.

Any idea what else I need to check/setup on my AVR

I have finally got OWM3 and installed them; however, when I play a movie on Netfix on Firestick 3rd gen, I can see it shows Atmos (meaning that the particular movie supports Atmos) but I don't see Atmos on my AV i.e. Pioneer VSX-934 instead I see the DSUR which means "Dolby Audio - Surr".

I have already went into the Speaker Configuration and changed the speaker setup as 5.1.2.

Any idea what else I need to check/setup on my AVR
Hi everyone, please ignore the last message as it has been fixed now.

Can you mentiom what was the issue and how did you resolve it. It will be helpful for anyone facing similar issue.
Basically, my LG 4K TV supports DTS X but it doesn't support Atmos; therefore, I went ahead and bought Amazon firestick 3rd gen as it supports Atmos. I connected the firestick to my TV but was not getting the Atmos even then.

Finally, I connected the firestick on my AVR i.e. Pioneer VSX-934 on one of the HDMI ports and I was then able to play Atmos content on Netfix.

Basically, my LG 4K TV supports DTS X but it doesn't support Atmos; therefore, I went ahead and bought Amazon firestick 3rd gen as it supports Atmos. I connected the firestick to my TV but was not getting the Atmos even then.

Finally, I connected the firestick on my AVR i.e. Pioneer VSX-934 on one of the HDMI ports and I was then able to play Atmos content on Netfix.
Which movie is this? can we have Atmos if our tv is not 4k, but the avr is 4k, set up is 5.1.2 and the firestick is 4k. The only weak link here is a 1080p Tv. Been frantically trying to find atmos titles and not been successful

Well, the first thing you need to change in your setup is to get Firestick 3rd Gen because Firestick 4k doesn't support Atmos content on Netfix and majority of the Atmos movies/web series are on Netfix and not on Prime, you won't be able to experience Atmos with your current Firestick.

I did the same mistake of buying 4k firestick and later returned it.

You can also refer to below Netfix article and see under 'Netfix feature' you will find the list of devices that support Atmos. https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23934?ba=SwiftypeResultClick&q=Firestick

The easy way to find Atmos content on Netfix is to just do a search for 'atmos' and all the results that you will get would be Atmos compatible movies.

I am almost certain that if Atmos can be experienced even if your TV is not 4K but you need to ensure that you have ARC port on your TV

Is this 3rd Generation Fire Stick support UHD video?

Which movie is this? can we have Atmos if our tv is not 4k, but the avr is 4k, set up is 5.1.2 and the firestick is 4k. The only weak link here is a 1080p Tv. Been frantically trying to find atmos titles and not been successful
You can. Your AVR should support Atmos. Atmos is a sound standard and you need a AVR to process it and send to the ceiling speakers.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back