Doordarshan HD transmission Started

They are showing video now. Usually every day between 2 - 4.30 pm.

Channel logo is back...

Well, the logo is not looking as horrendous as before. DD HD seems to be a work in progress, though - will be interesting to see if they can manage to muster up PQ levels that rival that of NG HD and Discovery HD World.

The logo looked quite horendous to me in addition to being quite ugly. What's with the ridiculous levels of pixelisation and breaking up of picture on DD HD? I wonder what could be causing it.

The logo looked quite horendous to me in addition to being quite ugly. What's with the ridiculous levels of pixelisation and breaking up of picture on DD HD? I wonder what could be causing it.

The logos in the cap yesterday look slightly better than the one they had on a few days ago.

This is what was happening to me with the clip provided by Cybersurfer, only the PS3 could play the clip through, blocking/pixellation and all - so you say this is happening with an HD STB as well - interesting. There's not much time for the CW games...

@Cybersurfer - Try saving the images as .png (lossless format) instead of jpg which is a lossy format.

@Cybersurfer - Try saving the images as .png (lossless format) instead of jpg which is a lossy format.

The original caps were .png but each weighed 2mb+ so I just converted to jpg(quality=10) and there wasn't much difference. If you look at my 1st & 2nd caps they were indeed pngs.

Last edited:
Hey Cybersurfer,

can you confirm this on insat 4A.

Discovery showcase, Star sports and ESPN in HD.

Settings :

11670 H
tp 24

DVB
SR 30000
FEC 5/6

Please let me know how will I get DD HD . I have a TATA SKY DTH Connection (Not HD).
Thanks.

Please let me know how will I get DD HD . I have a TATA SKY DTH Connection (Not HD).
Thanks.

Well, you'd need an HD set top box to receive the signal and put it out in HD. You'd also need the boxes DTH provider to give you DD HD, only then you'd get it.

If anyone with a DVB-S/S2 PCI card or HD STB want to see DD HD, they are airing some documentaries now. Transmission has improved but the logo is not yet polished.

Taken at 02:17 PM, 18 Sep
progdvbunregisteredddhd.png

Last edited:
any idea of DD HD on Tata Sky HD?

No idea about when Tata Sky HD will add it but Sun HD has already added it.

DD HD logo is ugly:sad:. I hope they change it to something simple, unobtrusive and elegant. Something like this (MBC HD Korea):

mbchd.png

and after cwg is over, will this channel continue to broadcast HD content, or will it go back to being SD

I think the channel will stay as a lot of money have been spent on this project and modernisation of their studios are going on. DD already has 4 full fledged HD studios operational now. May be after CWG they will air repeats for some time until they have other content. Hope it stays.

Last edited:
So why the hell isnt Tata Sky HD offering this?
It might help to call-in and email your complaints regarding this and also regarding the sub-titles on the NG HD channel. The problem is not enough consumers call-in or email their complaints. I am sure if enough people do, TataSky would be forced to act upon the complaints.

I only know the myquery section in the website. would u happen to have a mail ID of someone responsible high up in the chain

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back