Doordarshan HD transmission Started

Just spoke to BigTv CC. DD HD will be available for 1 month (Oct'10) only and Rel BigTv will be charging Rs. 28/- as subscription fee.
Are TS/Dish/Airtel charging for DD HD???

Just spoke to BigTv CC. DD HD will be available for 1 month (Oct'10) only and Rel BigTv will be charging Rs. 28/- as subscription fee.
None of the other DTH operators are charging for 'DD HD' and this includes all the companies that are currently showing 'DD HD' ie. 'SunDirect HD', 'DishTrue HD' & 'TataSky HD'.
Actually if I am not mistake, it is probably illegal for BigTV to charge for any DD channel, which are all free to air and also required to be carried by all operators.

Last edited:

DD HD is a FTA channel, so how can they charge Rs 28. BIG TV has gone nuts?

DD HD is a FTA channel, so how can they charge Rs 28. BIG TV has gone nuts?

Well... spoke to BigTv CC again this morning. Phew...

'As per our company policy DD HD is a pay channel. Sir we are only charging Rs. 28 for a month. You will be able to watch all the CWG events in HD. Sorry sir we don't have any information on other DTH operators charging or not for DD HD but as per our company policy its payable.'

So I finally threatened that I'll lodge a complaint against BigTv and then they assured me to call back soon after confirming with some higher officials.

It is not as if the DTH guys do not have the bandwidth for broadcasting this channel, which is genuine HD. Better DD HD than fake Star Plus/Star Movies, I say.

Agree. If these fake 4:3 channels (e.g. Star Plus "HD") think they can fool us and start calling themselves HD, then that gives us the right to bad mouth them. That way, anyone searching for it will get the correct information. We must not let these corporate fools get away with this deception and stupidity.

Well... spoke to BigTv CC again this morning. Phew...

'As per our company policy DD HD is a pay channel. Sir we are only charging Rs. 28 for a month. You will be able to watch all the CWG events in HD. Sorry sir we don't have any information on other DTH operators charging or not for DD HD but as per our company policy its payable.'

So I finally threatened that I'll lodge a complaint against BigTv and then they assured me to call back soon after confirming with some higher officials.

I guess they want to increase their revenue by charging very HD channel, STAR PLUS 'HD' crap was added that too was Rs 28 in BIG TV.

Consumers shud launch a protest against BIG TV for dis. Everyone is giving FREE and they r charging.

I think its better to wait till CWG.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back