doubts on onkyo 508 receiver

drkavint

hi please help me to clear the following doubts and give your suggestions
1. if i connect my media player via hdmi and set the player's hdmi output raw
will all the formats (like ac3, mp3, cant remember but a lot exists..) can be decoded by onkyo receiver or some formats will be not recognized?..
i am asking this because i connected lg home theater via optical raw output these are the problems i faced
a. some audio formats was not played.( it recognized and decoded ac3, mp3 and dolby, dts but some 2channels audio codecs failed )
b. when i change files in media player suddenly. eg. first file was ac3, next dolby5.1.. the audio output from lg stops.. i need to switch off and switch on to get the audio of next file.it occurs if there is format change else goes smoothly.

DOES ANYONE FACE THIS IN ONKYO?

2. I WOULD LIKE UR OPINIONS ABOUT DOLBY2X VS NEO6 FOR STEREO SET UP..

3. IS THERE IS ANY SETTINGS TO BE CHANGED IN RELIANCE HD-DVR TO OUTPUT AUDIO AS RAW?

ADVANCE THANXS.... EAGERLY WAITING

1. if i connect my media player via hdmi and set the player's hdmi output raw
will all the formats (like ac3, mp3, cant remember but a lot exists..) can be decoded by onkyo receiver or some formats will be not recognized?..

"Raw" means that the no DSP effects would be applied to the audio. Untouched audio would be sent to the receiver and it would do all the processing (decoding, DSP, etc). The only reason something would fail to play through the receiver in this setting would be, if the receiver doesn't have decoding capabilities of that type of audio.

i am asking this because i connected lg home theater via optical raw output these are the problems i faced
a. some audio formats was not played.( it recognized and decoded ac3, mp3 and dolby, dts but some 2channels audio codecs failed )
Mention specifically which ones fail.

b. when i change files in media player suddenly. eg. first file was ac3, next dolby5.1.. the audio output from lg stops.. i need to switch off and switch on to get the audio of next file.it occurs if there is format change else goes smoothly.
Could be a problem in both Lg and onkyo. Borrow another player from somewhere and play the same files while its connected to Onkyo. This way you can rule out the culprit.

2. I WOULD LIKE UR OPINIONS ABOUT DOLBY2X VS NEO6 FOR STEREO SET UP..
Both are virtual surround formats. Its all about personal perception. Use whichever sounds good to your ear.

3. IS THERE IS ANY SETTINGS TO BE CHANGED IN RELIANCE HD-DVR TO OUTPUT AUDIO AS RAW?
I don't think RELIANCE HD-DVR would have any.

i have one more doubt...samsung d5500 bluray doesnt have dts-hdma...if i set hdmi output raw, can it bitstream audio to my onkyo/ it will not recognise the tract itself?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back