Douk DDC

air870

HI, I have a RPi running Roon and have replaced my AV receiver in the set up to a one that has only optical and coaxial inputs (for audio). As the Pi s output is via USB, I was looking at a converter ( usb to coax) as a stopgap arrangement ( hence the inexpensive Douk) while I can source a HAT to do the conversion. Any suggestions/ thoughts?

HI, I have a RPi running Roon and have replaced my AV receiver in the set up to a one that has only optical and coaxial inputs (for audio). As the Pi s output is via USB, I was looking at a converter ( usb to coax) as a stopgap arrangement ( hence the inexpensive Douk) while I can source a HAT to do the conversion. Any suggestions/ thoughts?
You can get any RPI hat from hifiberry or allo

You can get any RPI hat from hifiberry or allo
About a year ago, I had explored these options ( allo, hifiberry) though at that point only as a clean board isolator need. Have not been able to get a hold of any such hats due to the global shortage of chips/boards. Finally gave up. However these changed circumstances mean that I must get a converter ( Douk, which is available for $80 or any other) up until I get hold of a Pi2AES which is available in New York. So any thoughts on the Douk DDC for the present?

Douk DDC has SPDIF out too. So you can connect it directly to your AVR till you get your Pi2AES

Douk DDC has SPDIF out too. So you can connect it directly to your AVR till you get your Pi2AES
The SPDIF out ( coax) is precisely what I am looking for given that my AVR accepts only coaxial and Toslink inputs. Sound quality is the questionable part.

Douk received and connected. It's solved my problem of the spidf coaxial connection. I should be getting my pi2aes by this weekend and expect improvements

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back