Downloading Torrents using WDTV :)

madbullram

If you opened to scream how can I talk about Torrents!!! :clapping: I am talking about legal torrent.

Well, my cousin has tons of video of his kid shot in HD and she is an amazing kid. I wanted to watch all her cute videos and we thought why not create a torrent and I can download as file sharing sucks for size in GBs.

So I am trying to hack my WDTV to download torrent for this purpose. I am gonna try: B-RAD WDLXTV – enhanced WDTV firmware

Anyone who has already tried this? If yes can you pls share you experience?

Yeah! I was confused seeing the thread title :lol:. Won't the hacking of WDTV to accept torrents, open up a bad world of viruses too ?? How are the videos stored (CD,DVD,HDD)??

Not necessarily, I have read extensively and there seems to be no problem. Let me get dirty this weekend :) Looks none tried this here

Not necessarily, I have read extensively and there seems to be no problem. Let me get dirty this weekend :) Looks none tried this here
IIRC, member Vinayaga has tried this a while ago. Let me see if I can find his thread from another forum/blog.

Hi,

Let me first say i purchased WDTV for 7300/- only last week from DELTA in chennai and initially i was disappointed because of AAC 5.1 audio is not being able to recognize but i found a free software XVID4PSP with which i could able to convert all my movies to DOLBY DIGITAL in no time and now enjoying my WDTV immensely.

Regarding net cababilities i am also very curious as there are many WDTV mods available in WDTV Forum but how good it is is the billion dollor question and i am happy madbull is going to bell the cat.

Waiting for you

Regards

sub

U got WDTV Live or Old version WDTV?? If WDTV Live the price is lucrative what you have mentioned..

Hi Ram,

Do you have any PC BD-ROM drive?
It will be interesting to check after firmware upgrade whether it is going to support USB BD-ROM drives also:licklips:

Will upgrade my WDTV with B-RAD WDLXTV after your experiments are over :)

Enjoy!
Sid

Hi,

I went for WDTV rather than WDTV live because of product life on the market (should i say known devil) WDTV live is fairly new and naturally there will be bugs initially whereas WDTV is more stable.

Regards

sub

Back