Downloading Torrents using WDTV :)

madbullram

If you opened to scream how can I talk about Torrents!!! :clapping: I am talking about legal torrent.

Well, my cousin has tons of video of his kid shot in HD and she is an amazing kid. I wanted to watch all her cute videos and we thought why not create a torrent and I can download as file sharing sucks for size in GBs.

So I am trying to hack my WDTV to download torrent for this purpose. I am gonna try: B-RAD WDLXTV – enhanced WDTV firmware

Anyone who has already tried this? If yes can you pls share you experience?

Yeah! I was confused seeing the thread title :lol:. Won't the hacking of WDTV to accept torrents, open up a bad world of viruses too ?? How are the videos stored (CD,DVD,HDD)??

Not necessarily, I have read extensively and there seems to be no problem. Let me get dirty this weekend :) Looks none tried this here

Not necessarily, I have read extensively and there seems to be no problem. Let me get dirty this weekend :) Looks none tried this here
IIRC, member Vinayaga has tried this a while ago. Let me see if I can find his thread from another forum/blog.

Hi,

Let me first say i purchased WDTV for 7300/- only last week from DELTA in chennai and initially i was disappointed because of AAC 5.1 audio is not being able to recognize but i found a free software XVID4PSP with which i could able to convert all my movies to DOLBY DIGITAL in no time and now enjoying my WDTV immensely.

Regarding net cababilities i am also very curious as there are many WDTV mods available in WDTV Forum but how good it is is the billion dollor question and i am happy madbull is going to bell the cat.

Waiting for you

Regards

sub

U got WDTV Live or Old version WDTV?? If WDTV Live the price is lucrative what you have mentioned..

Hi Ram,

Do you have any PC BD-ROM drive?
It will be interesting to check after firmware upgrade whether it is going to support USB BD-ROM drives also:licklips:

Will upgrade my WDTV with B-RAD WDLXTV after your experiments are over :)

Enjoy!
Sid

Hi,

I went for WDTV rather than WDTV live because of product life on the market (should i say known devil) WDTV live is fairly new and naturally there will be bugs initially whereas WDTV is more stable.

Regards

sub

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back