Dream Box

gopscreative

Hi, Is anyone in dis forum using Dreambox STB? I heard its available in India for 5.5k.Pls confirm if anyone using it and do share de exp with it..Thanks

Hi, Is anyone in dis forum using Dreambox STB? I heard its available in India for 5.5k.Pls confirm if anyone using it and do share de exp with it..Thanks

Yes, i am using the same from last 2 years, it works well. For 5.5 k you will be getting the clone dm500s. The original one is no longer being manufactured.
The clone one works great and you will not face any issues.

Yes, i am using the same from last 2 years, it works well. For 5.5 k you will be getting the clone dm500s. The original one is no longer being manufactured.
The clone one works great and you will not face any issues.

Thanks for ur reply.How abt de picture quality?R u using component or DVI interface?

interesting so presently i have tata sky if i use this i will get all the channels i get presently and i dont need to recharge.

Interesting product never come across,, could you please explain in detail about your experience... Whether it will work with all DTH or only cable telecast.. Whether you could view all the pay channel free of cost:lol:

Regards

interesting so presently i have tata sky if i use this i will get all the channels i get presently and i dont need to recharge.

Just google it. U wil get many links which wil explain abt dreambox and regarding the encrypted channels i am not sure abt DTH but it decodes from CATV and my cousin who stays in US says it decodes many encrypted channels also.:licklips:

Hi,

All STBs that are currently available can decode encrypted channels. This is a common feature. However, a decoder that is able to decode encrypted channels would not enable the user to watch the channel(s), unless the valid smartcard is inserted, which authorizes the user/STB.

The exception with dreambox is that you can obtain 3rd party firmwares using which the box can enable you watch pay channels.
However, dreambox does not support/endorse such firmwares/softwares, and voids official warranty.

Dreambox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

regards,

Nitin.

Hi,

All STBs that are currently available can decode encrypted channels. This is a common feature. However, a decoder that is able to decode encrypted channels would not enable the user to watch the channel(s), unless the valid smartcard is inserted, which authorizes the user/STB.

The exception with dreambox is that you can obtain 3rd party firmwares using which the box can enable you watch pay channels.
However, dreambox does not support/endorse such firmwares/softwares, and voids official warranty.

I don't think we should worry about warranty if it helps in preventing these content providers from fleecing us. END JUSTIFIES THE MEANS.

Hi,

I don't think we should worry about warranty if it helps in preventing these content providers from fleecing us. END JUSTIFIES THE MEANS.:D

Just tell us how to do it.

Please don't buy dreambox just like that, it will not help in any way, you need to have your own setup of dishes and it works through cardsharing, you will not be able to use the same with your tata sky or dish tv box, there are lot of other things to know before you end up buying the box.

I guess there is a cult group... who are not sharing things openly regarding Dreambox....
i just wanna know where can i buy this????
i have also heard Dreambox HD has also arrived

Is there nobody whose used the dreambox if we can actually do what i have asked in my post ..... that would be just too good a deal.

I don't know, but it would seem to me, from what some of the experts have posted over here, that the Dreambox may not be quite ligit - therefore no one's willing to talk openly about it.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back