DTS HD 5.1 from Android Box to Blu Ray

revolty

Hello forum members,

I have a TV with 2 HDMI input, a android box and a HTiB blu ray player with 1 HDMI each. One HDMI of TV is connected to STB and the second one is free. Now, i want to get the sound from android box to blu ray player and video to TV both through HDMI. Is there any possibility?
I am not connecting the optical spdif cable since it won't be able to decode DTS HDMA. I am a complete novice in this matter. So, any help would be appreciated.
Also, i don't know if i have put my question correctly or not. Please bear with my improper english

Why would you want audio from android box to bluray player? Not sure if I am getting your question correctly. Since only one of your 2 TV HDMI is free I presume you want a way to get both your android box and BD player to be connected to TV??? Is that the requirement?

As I understand, you need your Android box connected to Bluray player to bitstream HD audio while the STB is connected directly to the TV. Certainly doable if:

1. HTiB has an HDMI input and supports HD audio through it
2. HTiB has another SPDIF or HDMI input to connect STB to get DD/DD+ audio (DD+ only possible through HDMI)

Not sure what HTIB/Blu-ray player you have, but even if it is a combo player with an inbuilt/sub, provided it has multiple HDMI inputs, connect everything to it and HTIB to the TV. Switch between devices using the HTIB remote.

This is the preferred way, especially if you have a separate AVR and 5.1/7.1 setup. It will give you better PQ and SQ and is certainly more manageable.

If however you have limited HDMI inputs them check out HDMI switcher to add this functionality. Some of the more advanced ones even come with Toslink audio output that you can connect to the AVR.

Thanks forum members for your valuable replies.

The problem is that my sony blu ray player doesn't display subtitles while playing m2ts files whereas android box is able to do that. Also, using Kodi in android box, i am able to rewind, forward, jump to next chapter. This i am not able to do in my blu ray player.
At present, i have connected the android box to blu ray player with a toslink. But, the toslink compresses dts hd ma and doesn't give the actual sound effect. That's why, i wanted to get the lossless audio from android box to my sony HTiB. In order to do that, i need to connect the HDMI cables both for PQ as well as SQ.

Also, I don't have an AVR now. The problem is i live with my parents; who are not much enthusiastic about this AVR and separates for fear of sound pollution. :D
So, until i convince them, i will have to live with my HTiB.

Skip BD player all together then, also which HTiB you have. I mean model? HTiBs do have an AVR

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back