DTS neural x mode for music

Great...thanks filmguy :)

Can you please suggest where I can enable the dolby surround upmixer. I have a marantz. So not too sure if they provide me that option.

Iike LosterB says.

just cycle through your sound modes. the Dolby Surround mode is the one to look for.

The Dolby Surround mode should enable Dolby Surround Upmixer. It should be the option just before the DTS X in sound mode.

Hi all...

I've been listening to lots of music in DTS neural x mode these days, and I find that I prefer this to my pure 2 channel setup.

But to get optimal results the front 3 speakers have to be absolutely the same make and model . And the centre speaker has to be angled to point to our head .

Once engaged, the vocals come from the centre speaker, the background score and chorus comes from all the other speakers, including in-ceiling speakers. It is like being surrounded by a bubble of music. And iam liking it a lot.

Of course audiophile purists will balk at the idea. Being an audiophile is about pursuing the truth in the recording. Trying to get sound stage and immersive audio from 2 channels alone. I will admit that the DTS neural x mode is far from that truth. But iam enjoying it immensely.

So after much deliberation, I have decided to give weightage to my musical enjoyment, more than the pursuit of the truth. So I've junked my entire 2 channel setup, and settled just with a single HT system.

Just my 2 cents, and if other folks have a Atmos setup with in-ceiling speakers, please try this mode and please share your impressions/experience.
I absolutely agree. I have the Yamaha TSR-700 with all Klipsch speakers including front and back Klipsch R-26FA and Neural X is awesome. I can hear sounds on my music that I never heard before whether it is off of Amazon Prime Music or a CD or even vinyl. I strongly recommend that people at least try it. It might not be for everyone but it is for me.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back