Dual 1219 worth repairing?

Hi,

I have a Dual cartridge sled from my old 701. If any member can use it I will send it to them.

Regards
Rajiv

Thanks Rajiv!

I would have taken you up on it but my existing one is ok since I intend to bypass the connectors which are some sort of spring pins on mine and not round pins like on regular headshells. Will take a closer pic of the rear and post later tonight.

Regards

Quad and Sachin send PMs to both and thanks for all the help! :)

No issue Asit, all Dual things most welcome. Hope your query gets resolved by the resident Dualists here :)

Gonna be doing a lot of reading for a while. Sachu and quad both sent me a lovely picture illustrated guide to servicing the dual. Quad also sent some good pics of parts and some q and a's. Started with the manual first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

I have a Dual cartridge sled from my old 701. If any member can use it I will send it to them.

Regards
Rajiv

Rajiv,

If someone else has not approached you yet, I would like to take up your offer for the cartridge sledge of Dual 701. It is the same one used on Dual 721 which is creating a racket on mine.

Cheers

Rajiv,

If someone else has not approached you yet, I would like to take up your offer for the cartridge sledge of Dual 701. It is the same one used on Dual 721 which is creating a racket on mine.

Hi

Anil,I will mail the Dual cartridge sled to you .

The cartridge leads have to be soldered anew.The spring loaded pins are OK.

Regards
Rajiv

How Bad ( or good) Garrard 50 - idler drive changer ,will be compared to other idler drive tt's? will it have any value?

Figured I'd step in to keep this a Dual thread then figured probably Hemantwaghe figured both are changers in which case welcome! Would be good to see how Dual changers compare to Garrard changers. :)

Regards

Last edited:
Figured I'd step in to keep this a Dual thread then figured probably Hemantwaghe figured both are changers in which case welcome! Would be good to see how Dual changers compare to Garrard changers. :)

Regards

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread Stevieboy, but is there any news on your Dual 1219? Is she up and running?

I'm currently contemplating a thorough cleanup and (if possible) a re-plinth of a Dual 1214 that's a part of a non-runner Dual HS39 that I own. The system has been mothballed for a while as I'm in Pune now, so I need to head home to Bangalore and see the current situation.

I'm sure I could use all the help I can get with this TT. Hope I can get some here!

Cheers,
Rahul

Rahul, the old idlers: dual, garrard, thorens and lenco's are worth restoring. They are not too tough to restore.

The parts (idler wheel etc) are easily found via eBay. And building a plinth is the simplest of all the tasks if you find a reliable carpenter!

Hi Voodoochild,

Incidentally listening to hendrix vodoo child right now No movement on that. Other projects seem to always come up. But worth restoring for sure. Quad and sachu here are the go to gurus. If you want I can forward you the helpful PDFs they had sent me. Pm me your email.

Regards

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back