Duplicate or replica speaker wires and interconnect

CLEARCUT

One of the member offered a good reviewed speaker cable and ic.While browsing through the net I found The rate offered was too costly than the ad in the net. The ad had good picture and with good positive feed back. But the forum friend warned me about many fakes. Normally I use cables and ic from chord uk odessey and rumour and qed supplied by audio dynamics abi bangalore. Which was original company made. So I did not meet any problem upto now. So I started gathering news of duplicates or its replica, and its experience among my audiophile friends. LOT of complaints started flowing. Most duplicate products are from eastern. One of the most important part of the musical chain is speaker cable. The difference in speaker cable is easily identifiable. So if the forum members write about their experience with duplicates and how did they identify them would be helpful for others. SO as to avoid unnessary disappointment

Last edited:
Hi clearcut
This is all too common now so if buying off the net u could get a dud. Very difficult to judge from a picture and most of those thugs actually post pics of the original (naturally!!!!!)
Tons of VDH,Audioquest,Cardas,XLO are floating around in HK, Sgpore and sadly we (few friends & myself) have also been conned. Connectors from oyaide/furutech are another racket.
U will know in most cases only when the product reaches u and by then its too late.
If u check the websites of cardas/XLO they are cautioning the customers regarding these fakes and if i remember right cardas has actually illustrated how one can verify the offered cable as genuine or not.
If life saving drugs can be duplicated then this is a far lesser evil!!
Rgds

Thats good my sincere suggestion is to promote the genunine, indian dealers, despite of the high rate for the sake of og with guarantee the real hifi lover should go behind it. Some times fake looks better than the original. I had so many experiences with the headphones. There are many websites which enables us to identify it. What to do after getting cheated we are coming to know. So go behind the orig indian dealers. Dealers do consider our fellow hifi lovers with maximum benefits.

Well the indian audiophile looks away from 'most' local dealers as there is massive mark up. Yes one can buy from them and be satisfied that u have an original.
I would rather buy from trusted UK sites and be sure that its an original plus feel happy with the price paid. There are loads of places in the US too to get great deals on used cables.
In case of cables the FAKE is not a match in any way to the original as attention is only paid to the exterior/ appearance and packaging and the conductors/construction is all rubbish. Its not like a Lacoste T shirt where the Rs 300/- fake from Bangkok is also good at about a tenth of the original price here.
Just yesterday a guy showed me his brand new VDH Main Stream 1.5m Power cord bought from Malaysia for Rs 6000/-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In this case the jacket/connectors/ writing/weight is not even close to the original. He heard it on his MF set up and swore the stock cord was better and brought this over. Felt sorry but did tell him that I dont think its an original.

Unless u are careful and do some research on the product u are prone to being conned.

Rgds

Online buying is very difficult .... the products may vary .... its best if you have time, go to the local dealer and see for yourself. Even the amount and quality of copper varies.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back