Dust Cover for your Turntable

VinylShakti

Hi FMs,

If anybody wants a source in Mumbai who can fabricate clear acrylic or even tinted acrylic dust-covers for their turntables do let me know. I have recently got one done for mine and am quite satisfied with the outcome.
I know many others have cracked ones in their old TTs and sometimes the dustcover is missing hence I'm suggesting this.

Dear Friends,

I'm receiving several PMs for the dust-cover. But, I just wanted to clarify that I'm not the maker/seller. I'm just someone like you who got one made through my contacts and felt that I should share this information with other forum members.

So please call Ajay-022 23856389. His workshop is in Gai Wadi, Girgaum, Mumbai. You'll have to discuss your size and specifications with him and he'll give you a quote. He is not aware of TT models at all so please do not give him a make and model number and ask him to respond. Just figure out and give him your exact size requirements and he'll do the needful.

I got one made with the following specs- 19' breadth by 21' length and 3.5' height in clear 3mm acrylic and it cost me Rs.900/-. Mine is a free-sitting lid without hinges.

For out-station forum members- I'm not sure if this will work because I don't think that he has a system of shipping it to you (Of course, I don't know this for sure, since I didn't ask him for my self). Please feel free to call him and check it out though and add the information.

I hope the above information is helpful to all you fellow forum members :)

My Technics 1210-Mk 2 with Audio-Technica AT92E cd Cartridge and stylus, amplified by
Sansui AU 607 and speaker combo AR- MST and Wharfedale CD-70

Those in Mumbai can also have it made at any of the numerous acrylic workshops that line SV Road in Oshiwara, Jogeshwari West. Many of them double up as laser cutting workshops. You can have fancy laser etching done (text as well as graphics which you must provide). I monogrammed the name of a friend on a dust cover I made for him:) It looked quite cool and it is the height of personalization;)

Hi reviving an old thread, regarding the acrylic coves..... Do the edges look clean enough , as I understand they are pasted as compared to the moulded form you get in the original covers... Would really appreciate some insight.

The edges are glued with chloroform. They are as "clean" as any typical glued edge can be. Of course the care and skill of the worker will matter greatly.

If you're looking for the moulded variety, you will need to find a workshop that can create the mould as per the size and shape you need. As far as I know, upper and lower moulds will need to be created to get uniform thickness. I think it will be quite costly to make a one-off piece.

I got your point..... let me check with the local guy who makes the acrylic boxes. If the finished sample satisfies me I will go with it.

Those in Mumbai can also have it made at any of the numerous acrylic workshops that line SV Road in Oshiwara, Jogeshwari West. Many of them double up as laser cutting workshops. You can have fancy laser etching done (text as well as graphics which you must provide). I monogrammed the name of a friend on a dust cover I made for him:) It looked quite cool and it is the height of personalization;)

Any specific shop that you would recommend?

There are quite a number of shops in the area. Try the small shop opposite Master Laser works. I can't recall the name of the shop.

IMG_20171028_172246841.jpg IMG_20171028_172420290.jpg Hey!

Found an excellent source for acrylic tt dust cover in Mumbai. FM @rikhav has all the details and can arrange one.
Look at these pics and you will see how the edges are moulded/bent, not pasted. There are cut-outs for the cables and power cord. Super quality and reasonable pricing. What more can you ask!

Received dust cover for turntable from FM Rikhav,the quality of the work is awesome, the guy is amazing and communicates regarding the order, highly recommended.C1.jpgC2.jpgC3.jpg

View attachment 24510View attachment 24511 Hey!

Found an excellent source for acrylic tt dust cover in Mumbai. FM @rikhav has all the details and can arrange one.
Look at these pics and you will see how the edges are moulded/bent, not pasted. There are cut-outs for the cables and power cord. Super quality and reasonable pricing. What more can you ask!
Hey, this looks well made. Can you share the costing as I need to get one made for myself as well.

Anyone know of someone who can manufacture a dust cover in Delhi NCR region? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I used to make many things using Acrylic. I hope these covers are without visible joints (I prefer folded acrylic). People who are interested in making things can buy 3mm or 5mm (10mm is also available but quite heavy) acrylic sheets (comes in 3'x6', 4'x6' etc). Get it cut with laser for precision cutting edges and use Chloroform to joint the pieces it in seconds. Chloroform looks like Pidilite Fevikwik but it very thin. I use Syringe with needle to joint acrylic pieces.

I used to make many things using Acrylic. I hope these covers are without visible joints (I prefer folded acrylic). People who are interested in making things can buy 3mm or 5mm (10mm is also available but quite heavy) acrylic sheets (comes in 3'x6', 4'x6' etc). Get it cut with laser for precision cutting edges and use Chloroform to joint the pieces it in seconds. Chloroform looks like Pidilite Fevikwik but it very thin. I use Syringe with needle to joint acrylic pieces.
if there is anyone willing to make this in bangalore, i need 2 !!

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back