DVD player for watching HD rip avi mkv files

how u can burn 3 BRrips in a single DVD please share

They are heavily compressed..

1.5 X 3= 4.5GB.. fits easily on a 4.7GB DVD..
Note: I can't play these on a regular DVD player due to high resolution..but it works perfect on Xtreamer + USB external DVD ROM..

For details search through the forum..
There are many tools available for free to compress and backup your DVDs/BDs.. :)

you may find this thread useful:-
http://www.hifivision.com/general-chit-chat/3816-best-way-back-up-your-original-dvd-2.html

Last edited:
I have a Denon 1910 AVR. It does process the sound, but still I felt, the sound was not that true. Maybe, the source itself does not have a good recording. I will check settings on the receiver.

Of course it depends on the source..

AAC/AC3 are no where near DTS/Dolby..

And DTS-HD/Dolby-TrueHD on blue-ray disks are way too ahead
(sound will be almost like a cinema hall if you have a decent HT room)..

Hi,

Just sharing my experiences.

I was in the same boat as many of you guys. I have a large collection of Bluray rips (Xvid and MKV) of 720p and above, each fitting in 1 DVD. I had scouted for a DVD / Bluray player for more than 6 months, as my Pioneer DVD player could not play files which were greater than 720 pixels in width (720 x *), leave alone 720p. Also MKV was not recognised. None of the players I saw played those files.
There was only one bluray player which played all these files flawlessly, that was Dune BD Prime 3.0. :licklips:But it was outside my budget (38k).:sad:
So I used to connect my laptop to my receiver through HDMI and watch the movies. But I lost out on the 5.1 audio, as my laptop could output only stereo through HDMI.

Then along came Xtreamer! Guys, this is a great media player; cost me around 8500/- on ebay (without HDD). Not only does it play any media file that you throw at it (from the internal HDD, external HDD or pendrive), you can also connect any external DVD ROM (I use the sleek Samsung DVD writer that came free with my netbook) through USB, and there you go!! I can now watch all the discs that I burnt in flawless HD resolution with 5.1 audio:yahoo:

Nitish

PS: Correct me if I am wrong but I think the WD TV does not play external DVD ROM through USB.

How come you get only stereo sound output from HDMI? I don't think I have that problem.

How come you get only stereo sound output from HDMI? I don't think I have that problem.

I have HP and Dell laptops, both with HDMI, but for both the manual and online support says that the AC3 or Dolby digital signal is down processed to 2channel stereo if the sound is output through the HDMI. If I use an external USB sound card like the Creative Audigy, then I get 5.1 sound through the optical out, but thats too much luggage to tag along to watch a movie!!!

For Pune/Mumbai folks only -

I am selling my 1 month old WD HD Media player version 2. I am leaving the country for an onsite assignment next weekend.

This plays h.264 (BRRip, HDRips and even renders 1080p) amongst the standard divx, xvids. It has HDMI as well as normal VGA output. You can check out the detail specs here - Amazon.com: Western Digital WD TV HD Media Player WDBABF0000NBK-NESN: Electronics

Its not available in India, I had bought it for USD 91 on 8-June. Expected price is INR 3000. The similar product of IOmega (?) is availble in CROMA for 8K

Please make me an offer and if good - I will sell it to you. You can visit my place in Pune for a demo and/or I can drop it anywhere in Pune at your place. I stay in Mulund in Mumbai so anywhere close to that can also be delivered. Sorry if this is not the forum for this - Moderator can move this post accordingly if required. Please PM me.

Thanks guys. Its sold. If someone knows how I can delete this post of mine - then please let me know.

Yes WD live is available in India. I dont know which place you belong to, but in Delhi/Noida, almost all known consumer electronics showroom has WD Live with them. The difference between WD and WD Live is just that Live supports Ethernet, contents from Picasa and fliker and component in connection thats it. I am not sure if you would need the Ethernet support, so I'd say go for WD TV, the cost difference is almost 4K.
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
It does not play DVDs, its a HDD based media player, playes media off external HDDs and Pendrives.

The new lcd tv range from LG(tested 32ld550) and SAMSUNG can play divx HD with maximum file size upto 32gb (means can play mkv mp4 or any file 1080p at 24fp except flv).
also you can connect your pc through wifi using a seprate usb wfi dongle,it shows all of my movies and pictures(4 partions only upto 1 TB) or connect to the internet stream live tv(youtube and picassa in ld650)also dlna certified.
the wifi dongle is about 1500 or less.
the only thing it do not support DTS audio.may work after a firmware update.
but write now no need of a WD media player or anything like that..
its complete package and also....
loads of other feature if anybody who wants to buy a lcd tv check this out ..
it's a steal for 35k.......:yahoo::yahoo::clapping::clapping::yahoo:
(just wanted to share the info -no offense)

Last edited:
The new lcd tv range from LG(tested 32ld550) and SAMSUNG can play divx HD with maximum file size upto 32gb (means can play mkv mp4 or any file 1080p at 24fp except flv).
also you can connect your pc through wifi using a seprate usb wfi dongle,it shows all of my movies and pictures(4 partions only upto 1 TB) or connect to the internet stream live tv(youtube and picassa in ld650)also dlna certified.
the wifi dongle is about 1500 or less.
the only thing it do not support DTS audio.may work after a firmware update.
but write now no need of a WD media player or anything like that..
its complete package and also....
loads of other feature if anybody who wants to buy a lcd tv check this out ..
it's a steal for 35k.......:yahoo::yahoo::clapping::clapping::yahoo:
(just wanted to share the info -no offense)

Will it support DTS-HD MA , and Dolby True HD asI understand these are hardware dependent and also cannot be streamed via digital out ,you only ned HDMI for that
so it has HDMI audio out?

Will it support DTS-HD MA , and Dolby True HD asI understand these are hardware dependent and also cannot be streamed via digital out ,you only ned HDMI for that
so it has HDMI audio out?

LG 42LD550
Movie File Formats:
(*.mpg/*.mpeg/*dat/*.ts/*.trp/*.tp/*.vob/*.mp4/*.mov/*.mkv/*.divx/*.avi/*.asf/*.wmv/*/*.flv/*.
avi(motion-jpeg)/*.mp4(motion-jpeg)/*.mkv(motion-jpeg))supporting file
Video format : DivX3.11, DivX4.12, DivX5.x, DivX6, Xvid1.00, Xvid1.01, Xvid1.02, Xvid1.03, Xvid1.10 beta-1/beta-2, Mpeg-1, Mpeg-2, Mpeg-4, H.264/AVC, VC1, JPEG, Sorenso H.263

Audio format:
Dolby Digital, AAC, Mpeg, MP3, LPCM, HEAAC, ADPCM, WMA
Bit rate : within 32 kbps to 320 kbps(MP3)

External Subtitle format:
*.smi/*.srt/*.sub(MicroDVD,Subviewer1.0/2.0)/*.ass/*.ssa/*.txt(TMPlayer)
psb(PowerDivX)

Video Resolution:

HD videos with a maximum of 1920x1080@25/30P or 1280x720@50/60P are supported, depending on the frame.
Videos with resolutions higher than 1920X1080@25/30P or 1280x720@50/60P may not work properly depending on the frame

Note:

We do not guarantee smooth playback of profiles encoded level 4.1 or higher in H.264/AVC.
DTS Audio codec is not supported.
A movie file more than 30 GB in file size is not supported for playback.
A DivX movie file and its subtitle file must be located in the same folder.
A video file name and its subtitle file name must be identical for it to be displayed.
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::clapping::yahoo::clapping::yahoo::clapping:
source ~ LG Manual

I am not sure if this is the right link on the forum for posing the question. I tried to back up a dvd disk to the hard disc using Decrypter and the resultant files are showing Chinese subtitles. Is there anyway of avoiding the Chinese subtitles.
Thanks

LG 42LD550
Movie File Formats:
(*.mpg/*.mpeg/*dat/*.ts/*.trp/*.tp/*.vob/*.mp4/*.mov/*.mkv/*.divx/*.avi/*.asf/*.wmv/*/*.flv/*.
avi(motion-jpeg)/*.mp4(motion-jpeg)/*.mkv(motion-jpeg))supporting file
Video format : DivX3.11, DivX4.12, DivX5.x, DivX6, Xvid1.00, Xvid1.01, Xvid1.02, Xvid1.03, Xvid1.10 beta-1/beta-2, Mpeg-1, Mpeg-2, Mpeg-4, H.264/AVC, VC1, JPEG, Sorenso H.263

Audio format:
Dolby Digital, AAC, Mpeg, MP3, LPCM, HEAAC, ADPCM, WMA
Bit rate : within 32 kbps to 320 kbps(MP3)

External Subtitle format:
*.smi/*.srt/*.sub(MicroDVD,Subviewer1.0/2.0)/*.ass/*.ssa/*.txt(TMPlayer)
psb(PowerDivX)

Video Resolution:

HD videos with a maximum of 1920x1080@25/30P or 1280x720@50/60P are supported, depending on the frame.
Videos with resolutions higher than 1920X1080@25/30P or 1280x720@50/60P may not work properly depending on the frame

Note:

We do not guarantee smooth playback of profiles encoded level 4.1 or higher in H.264/AVC.
DTS Audio codec is not supported.
A movie file more than 30 GB in file size is not supported for playback.
A DivX movie file and its subtitle file must be located in the same folder.
A video file name and its subtitle file name must be identical for it to be displayed.
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::clapping::yahoo::clapping::yahoo::clapping:
source ~ LG Manual
---

Did not get it
no DTS so NO DTS HD-MA and Dolby True HD..also NO support for BR iso?

Sony suppoert all? I did not get this?

oooppps... sorry my mistake...

Did not get it
no DTS so NO DTS HD-MA and Dolby True HD..also NO support for BR iso?

wat else do u want a tv to play ....i think that is satisfying for most of the consumers including me. if ur not than there are loads of other options..
thank you.

Hi

I recently bought a Philips 32 inch HD Ready TV and have been using the USB port to play AVIs(Xvid/DivX). Recently I wanted to play some HD content on the Tv and I tried playing an x264 encoded Blu Ray rip in mkv container.

I discovered the Tv only supports FAT32 formatted Flash Drives which meant that any individual file above 4GB could not be played. Sadly I also discovered that the TV did not support the Mkv extension OR x264/h.264/AVC encoded content.

I want to purchase a DVD player which can play x264/AVC encoded mkv/mp4 files up to 1080p resolution. I looked at WD Media Player/Seagate Theatre Media Player/ASUS O Play but they are all priced above INR 7000 which seems a bit steep. I also wanted to purchase a couple of speakers to improve the TV's audio which is extremely low when AVIs are played so I have a limited budget (< 4000INR for speakers(maybe altec lansing PC multimedia speakers???) and INR 2-3,000 for DVD player (maybe LG,Samsung new models???)

What say ? Should I sacrifice quality (WD Media Player ) for quantity (DVD player + Decent Speakers) and is that even possible? Any comments would be helpful and appreciated.Thanks.

oooppps... sorry my mistake...

wat else do u want a tv to play ....i think that is satisfying for most of the consumers including me. if ur not than there are loads of other options..
thank you.

NO YOU WERE OVERCONFIDENT ABOUT SONY.
So it is probably not playing any files above 4 Gigs,no Hi Def sound right?
So save money and buy a goodcmedia player..:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back