Dvd players with dts decoders

jeevabobby26

Hi to all,

I recently went through the sumaria web site(Sumaria - Home page). I checked out some dvd players has the built-in DTS and Dolby digital decoders, dont whether it has the DTS decoders built-in or not. Personally didnt have any auditions of these models, so need some clarifications from experts here in our forum. Many of the forum members here in this forum will have some good suggestions before they buy a dvd player.

The below models that mentioned with built-in DTS and Dolby digital decoders are:-

1) PHILIPS DVP3126X
2) PHILIPS DVP 5986K HDMI
3) LG DV-325 WITH VOLUME CONTROL OR WITH PRE AMP
4) LG DV-288 HDMI WITH VOLUME CONTROL OR WITH PRE AMP
5) SONY DVP-NS78H HDMI
6) SAMSUNG DVD-1080PK HDMI

Last edited:
they must be having it if the site says. I can check that with my philips 5986 and I am pretty sure, but not absolutely confirmed. I will be able to check only stereo output though.
But them you have to connect to AVR using 5.1 analog cables. (if you are using an AVR) Are you using stereo rig or AVR? If avr, then you do not need onboard decoding (unless you have an ancient avr)

Hi Jeevabobby

Sony DVP-NS78H HDMI has both the decoders as I am using one.

Regards

sub

SUB I think sony has digital decoders ( Optical or Co axial output)

Jeeva are you looking for analougue DTS out ? as apart from sony most of the companies have Dolby Digital analougue 5.1 out...,,

Jeeva just a cut=riocity - what type of system u have in mind?
You are not planning av receiver?
Then planning to connect to PC 5.1 speakers???

Dear Sub,

Almost all DVD Players have built-in decoders which will produce dolby digital/5.1 channel sound which has to be connected to Home Theatre Speakers. Dts will be available only if the same is specifically mentioned in the player/catalogue.

5.1 Channel speakers are available cheaply every where (Rs. 1500.00 onwards). Philips, Sony etc. also supplies Speaker Systems (Philips - 2.5k onwards & Sony - 5k onwards).

The above is applicable to DVDs that contains DD or Dts sounds.

None of these players have Digital Coaxial Input or HDMI Input thru which we can key in the sound & get DD or Dts outputs. For the same, we require high end DVD/Blu Ray Home Theatre which have inputs like Coaxial (Optical) and/or HDMI. I'm also planning to buy such a System which will cost 15k onwards. (you can find the Home Theatre system with Coaxial Optical Input & HDMI Input in the web sites of Philips, Samsung, Sony etc.)

With ordinary DVD Players or HT Systems, you will not be able to convert optical outs of Satellite Receiver, Old DVD Players, LCD or LED to DD or Dts sounds.

If you are looking for a player that can produce Dolby Digital sound from DVD, almost all players will do that (these players have 5.1 channel outs which has to be connected to Speaker System or optical outs which has to be connected to Decoders/Home Theaters as mentioned above).

Thanks,
[email protected]
[email protected]

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back