Eagle Home entertainment - The Reader Blu -ray

kapvin

I recently watched the "the Reader" on blu ray. It is manufactured and marketing in India by Eagle home entertainment.

the Blu-ray starts off with "advice- that pirated blu-rays are often shot using handicams in movie theatres and therefore not very good audio and video" - all very good till the movie starts

to begin with the first few scenes are extremely shaky -- exactly like they were shot with a handicam..

the audio was even worse.. there was a continuous noise (hiss) about 40db below the regular soundtrack, which was glaring during the softer parts of the movie. (pretty much like the vhs tapes we used to borrow from video libraries).

then during some scenes, there were prominent green lines vertically across the screen; apart from film scratch marks randomly appearing

if this were an 40 old film it would be excusable (not really.. since i've just purchased "bullit" and 2001 a space odyssey - no such problems) - but this movie is less than 3:mad::mad::mad: years old.

in my view it's unpardonable.. and even more considering it cost 999/- ( so it's not some cut rate bargain basement BD).

this firmly sets the benchmark for all indian BDs -- from the bottom. of course, this is excluding the inexpert editing done to make the film "censor board" friendly. I would really advise any of you buying eagle blu-rays to think very carefully about what you are getting in return for your dosh.

overally, it truly spoilt the experience of watching a really great film.

when a person invests in an HD system and pays a premium for HD software isn't it fair to expect that the software matering quality be above a certain minimum standard? this is another case of an indian company taking a "chalta hai" approach!

I'll never buy an Eagle product in future.. and would advise HFV members to think twice, especially before putting down the cash for a BD from Eagle.

will try to put up screenies in a few days.

regards

Last edited:
Make an attempt to walkin the stores and tell this is not an Bluray and it is an DVD(like quality) inserted into it and quality was worst. Ask him to return the money and give an written complaint if necessary.

Try this... I have done for this for purchasing an Tamil film. Not for PQ. I Played it in my house and found as advertised in the Pack there is no DTS sound. The move is called "Ratchagan" / DVD released by "AP International( ayngaran) / Purchased Stores: Music world - Spencer Plaza.. Counter people have politely taken back the DVD and ask me to get replaced with some other DVD with similar price.

Regards

Till date I have not been able to read a single good review on Indian Blu Ray - Whats the problem , why is our industry so ignorent about the HD format ?

Till date I have not been able to read a single good review on Indian Blu Ray - Whats the problem , why is our industry so ignorent about the HD format ?

well, this is the absolute bottom!!! i also have "tranformers", "rock on", "monsters versus aliens"; and many others, released for the indian market, but None are of this quality. this one is not worthy of being called a blu-ray at all..

(well I haven't seen silsila, which I have heard comes close, and now, I don't plan to)

Sony releases, and even Big releases, have some basic minimum quality.. and some are good

with this release, especially with the audio, "camera print" comes to mind - that's a term many delhites, who used to frequent video libraries, will be familar with..

you can write and call up Eagle home videos and check if its a single disc problem or a transfer issue and ask for a refund. You should be able to get it without issues.

I have used Eagle home for DVD's and they were of good quality not tried BD.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back