Easy reference and comparison of Panasonic 2012 Plasma models

just4kix

Many people ask the differences between various models of the Panasonic 2012 plasma series models. The Pansonic website is not very user friendly. For some reason, the "compare models" feature never worked for me; maybe some browser error from my side; but it did not work in IE or Chrome.

So when I was in the hunt, I prepared my own comparison chart by copy-paste from the website. The attached PDF compares VT50, GT50, ST50, UT50 and XT50. There could be some copy/paste errors but as far as I believe the data is at least 99% accurate. This chart may help others like me, without having to go thru the pains. :)

p/s. The X50 is missing in the list but practically it is identical to the XT50 with some minor differences:

- 3D is missing in X50
- one less USB port in X50

Attachments

• Panasonic 2012 Plasma TV Comparison.pdf
    68.2 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
Good one..!!

Other minor differences I have noticed between X50 and XT50 are,

- XT50 seems to have support for more video formats: MOV,M4v,FLV,3GPP,VRO,VOB,TS,PS,FLAC

- XT50 supports Dolby Pulse and DTS 2.0
- XT50 has Digital Audio out

So when I was in the hunt, I prepared my own comparison chart by copy-paste from the website. The attached PDF compares VT50, GT50, ST50, UT50 and XT50. There could be some copy/paste errors but as far as I believe the data is at least 99% accurate. This chart may help others like me, without having to go thru the pains. :)

Thanks for sharing this pdf. :clapping:
definitely helpfull for newbies like me.

Also it would be really helpfull if we somehow compare respective samsung and panasonic plasmas.

Thanks for sharing this pdf. :clapping:
definitely helpfull for newbies like me.

Also it would be really helpfull if we somehow compare respective samsung and panasonic plasmas.

It is difficult to compare feature by feature for those two brands as both clearly hide some of the things that they do not wish to be exposed.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

hello:)...great work just4kix ...definitely helpful...do u have some idea about the latest price of Panasonic TH-P42ST30D offered in Delhi....

hello:)...great work just4kix ...definitely helpful...do u have some idea about the latest price of Panasonic TH-P42ST30D offered in Delhi....

Thanks. I don't have idea on prices. Everyone is reporting different rates all the time.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, though I have decided to by sony hx 850, I tried to know about panasonic plasma,but yeah the site is not at all good, nice comparision, its better if atleast approximate prices are given

Good one Just4kix. When I was Searching for TVs, I had made such a Chart in Excel format for different brands falling within a specific price range by copying and pasting the features/specs from the respective websites.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back